• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

metro 2033

Upvote 0
How can anyone seriously pay 50€ for this game when there's no MP, absoultely no DLC plans and the game is only 6-7 hours? I'm sure it's a great game, but full price seems rather inappropriate for what you really get
You're honestly *****ing because a company doesn't have plans for DLC? You're really upset that a publisher doesn't have a plan already ready for you to spend more money and you're complaining about having to pay full price? Really? Damn man, you are certainly the exception to the rule here.

Reactions: Panzer Meyer
Upvote 0
You're honestly *****ing because a company doesn't have plans for DLC? You're really upset that a publisher doesn't have a plan already ready for you to spend more money and you're complaining about having to pay full price? Really? Damn man, you are certainly the exception to the rule here.
:rolleyes:
That was not my point at all. By the way some companies still offer DLC for free.

My point was that you pay 50

Upvote 0
You already have it? You must have been really looking forward to this game.

Looks nice, I'll probably buy it at one point.
I had it through Steam for free. I didn't even know anything about this game up until about a week ago.

:rolleyes:
That was not my point at all. By the way some companies still offer DLC for free.

My point was that you pay 50€ and what you get is 6-7 hours of (probably pretty awesome) entertainment. And in terms of value for money that's just bad.
And? That's about on par with games now and days. Yet you're still complaining about a lack of DLC when the game just came out. Absurd. I bet you're really looking forward to the multiple DLC's that are announced already for Alan Wake, a game that isn't even released until May. Yes?

Upvote 0
And? That's about on par with games now and days. Yet you're still complaining about a lack of DLC when the game just came out. Absurd. I bet you're really looking forward to the multiple DLC's that are announced already for Alan Wake, a game that isn't even released until May. Yes?
Could you stop talking like you're sitting on a cucumber? Seriously what's with the tone? I read an interview today where some THQ guy said that there are no plans for any DLC, because the story is finished. And how does it make it any better when it's now the only game with bad value for money? And that is not the norm either, look at games like Mass Effect 2(30h gameplay + free DLC), BF:BC2(discussable SP & superb MP), etc.
7 Hours of gameplay for 50€ however can not be described as a good deal unless you don't care, but I do and that makes for a bit more than 7€/hour.

Upvote 0
Could you stop talking like you're sitting on a cucumber? Seriously what's with the tone? I read an interview today where some THQ guy said that there are no plans for any DLC, because the story is finished. And how does it make it any better when it's now the only game with bad value for money? And that is not the norm either, look at games like Mass Effect 2(30h gameplay + free DLC), BF:BC2(discussable SP & superb MP), etc.
7 Hours of gameplay for 50€ however can not be described as a good deal unless you don't care, but I do and that makes for a bit more than 7€/hour.
Wow, a whole two games that don't charge for DLC!

And as for the 95% of the games that charge for DLC? You're trying to use the exception to the rule as your basis here?

You're complaining about $50 yet you're so eager to spend more. Publishers must love people like you. Meanwhile, everyone else is complaining because publishers announce DLC at/prior to a game's release and all of a sudden rational people feel screwed that they didn't get the full game experience to begin with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, a whole two games that don't charge for DLC!

And as for the 95% of the games that charge for DLC? You're trying to use the exception to the rule as your basis here?

You're complaining about $50 yet you're so eager to spend more. Publishers must love people like you. Meanwhile, everyone else is complaining because publishers announce DLC at/prior to a game's release and all of a sudden rational people feel screwed that they didn't get the full game experience to begin with.
:rolleyes: I'm not supporting non-free DLC at all, I never even bought any DLC. So how do you get the idea I'm eager to spend more :/ The statement itself that there will not be any DLC just shows imo that they are not planning any real longtime-support, which makes it even worse for 50

Upvote 0
I'm really enjoying the game, and I personally feel better about buying this game than the $39.99 I spent for Hearts of Iron III when that was released. So far, the game has been nothing but great atmosphere. You would think that enclosed spaces would get boring, but they've really managed to create an interesting world within the Moscow underground.

Upvote 0
Some reasons would be usefull for thouse of us who haven't bought it yet ;)

Let's see... it has quite a bit of things that I don't like in games:

-Pitfalls
-Complete darkness where you have to sneak without alerting enemies
-Rabid mutants that just charge at you ten at a time (you can just run around and they won't catch you)

And I seriously don't like it how you are just forched to rush through all metro stations. You can do very little while in one.

I'm a bit drunk atm and sleepy, so you'll have to wait more if you want more detailed opinion.

Upvote 0
Great game! So incredibly atmospheric. Graphics are really awesome and show pretty much what's possible atm. You'd think a game that 90% plays in metro tunnels/stations would get boring but there's still so much variety, it's really just awesome. I'm definitely impressed. Compared to Stalker(since thats where the developers come from, in parts at least) this is so much better. GSC should take an example from Metro2033s weapon behaviour.

Upvote 0
I am not impressed at all, I'll present it in bullet point form;

Positives
- Great graphics coupled with good performance.
- Great atmosphere.

Negatives
- Extreme linearity.
- Enemies that know exactly where you are at all times once alerted regardless of where you are/how much terrain is between you and them.
- Weapons have Stalker syndrome, meaning they are both inaccurate and feel as if they're shooting styrofoam bullets. The AK74 literally cannot hit **** outside of spitting distance.
- These same weak weapons in enemy hands suddenly kill with 2-3 hits and become deadly accurate.
- Clunky controls, features the typically annoying multi-function keys you usually find in a console port.

Conclusion
This game is all visuals and no content, yes they look nice and yes the atmosphere is killer and what Stalker should have had, but once you get past that there's really nothing there. The story is so disjointed that it really just amounts to nothing more than, 'creep through tunnels, kill horde of mutants, knife a few dudes, creep through more tunnels...'.

4/10

Last edited:
Upvote 0