• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What else can we do?

i know i said i wouldn't argue anymore, but:

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=555495&postcount=298[/URL]

arguement for specimen-only mutators - /end
arguement for KF-defenceb2 - /end
You do realize that this is an actual exploit and not the map being "too easy" or "popular" (or "king of leveling", like the OP put it so nicely)?
You know, just like doom2 has been de-whitelisted not because it was "popular" or "too easy" but because it had that elevator exploit?
That's just what I've been trying to convey all along and I hope you don't think this reinforces your or the OPs point in any way because we *really* don't need another thread from the power-leveling inquisition proposing the next popular map to be banned.

Now how you make the connection from a glitch to spec-only mutators that work the way they're intended to work is beyond me but oh well...

And indeed, argument /end

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Now how you make the connection from a glitch to spec-only mutators that work the way they're intended to work is beyond me but oh well...

how? well, as you can see, the server is running the poundamonium mutator allowing players to sit there using exploits to cheaply level. this is the common trend seen with all the specimen-mutators, just taken to the extreme. that's not what they were intended for, in fact they were not even intended for this game at all. if you do your research like i did, you will come to find out that all the specimen-mutators (including the ones not included by default in the game) were created for the original KF mod, not for KF retail. As Xienen clearly stated, it was TW's stance that they never really supported the mutators and just included them because they did not have the time to test/fix issues with them before the release in May. as the original mutators were never tested against the new perk/leveling system that was added to the retail version of the game, it is was impossible for anyone to see the exploitability that resulted from their inclusion.

KF-defence-b1, KF-defence-b2, and KF-420-GanjaFarm have been removed from the White List.

at least that takes care of one issue, some of you said this would never happen, so let's see how things turn out regarding the specimen-mutators. ;)

Upvote 0
bswearer is right. that particular exploit can only be used with poundamonium enabled. hence, another example of why the specimen only mutators should be dewhitelisted.

Also, to anyone who seems to not know what de-whitelisting means (since there seems to be some) it means to take it off the whitelist so that you can't level perks with it enabled anymore. that DOESN'T mean removing it from the game altogether.

Upvote 0
bswearer is right. that particular exploit can only be used with poundamonium enabled. hence, another example of why the specimen only mutators should be dewhitelisted.

Also, to anyone who seems to not know what de-whitelisting means (since there seems to be some) it means to take it off the whitelist so that you can't level perks with it enabled anymore. that DOESN'T mean removing it from the game altogether.

and if TW ever updates the game so that you can still use your perks even on non-whitelisted maps, people can all still play, use their perk levels they've gained, and still have "fun". they said a while back it was planned and they'd get to it eventually. until they do, server admins can load up the perk replacement mutator and have all the fun they want.

edit: and on the Doom2 map, i would assume the elevator glitch was fixed too.

Upvote 0
They blacklisted defence? I loved that map. In fact it was my favorite map. This stinks.

Can't they just say **** all to this balancing out the XP by banning half the maps and just let people have a good time already?

I mean what's next? "Hey you know garry that west londom tunnel only has 2 entrances. Mighty controversial tunnel design. let's ban that cheating leveling map.

before you know it the only map left will be KF_Phonebooth in which 6 players and a fleshpound spawns in a phonebooth (red naturally) and all players are instantly crushed. Granted no one will be having fun any more but this game isn't about having fun. It's about balance! Balanced amount of experienced spoon fed to the players at designated time of the day so no one goes ahead of anyone else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They blacklisted defence? I loved that map. In fact it was my favorite map. This stinks.

Can't they just say **** all to this balancing out the XP by banning half the maps and just let people have a good time already?

You can still have a good time on Defence, blacklist doesn't make it unplayable, it just means your perks wont level. If your level 6 already why would you care? You should play maps for fun, not to grind levels ;)

Upvote 0
You can still have a good time on Defence, blacklist doesn't make it unplayable, it just means your perks wont level. If your level 6 already why would you care? You should play maps for fun, not to grind levels ;)

I'm not level 6 for another 900.000 damage but thanks to this development I can no longer gain experience on my favourite map and since there is no experience to be had on it fewer and fewer servers run the map.

Blacklist improper mutators not the map itself.

I really wish Tripwire could spend more time making content for the game and less time deleting player made content.

Upvote 0

I mean what's next? "Hey you know garry that west londom tunnel only has 2 entrances. Mighty controversial tunnel design. let's ban that cheating leveling map.

LOL, the map is still fully playable. Seems like the only reason you "loved" that map was for the fact its RIDICULOUSLY EASY and allows FAST LEVELING, and not because it was well designed and fun to play.

If it was really so fun, you shouldnt care wether perks level up or not. I have some maps in my server which dont allow perk levelling but I play them anyway occasionally, because they are fun. Thats what you should do aswell and stop whining.

Upvote 0
Leveling is a part of the fun. You should know that. Hell this entire game was built around that concept. The map was just like all the other maps easy for the first waves but while on other maps you lost because a group of infected ambushed you. On defence you lost because the infected completely overwhelm you. They break down the doors. Fill the whole courtyard. The team fights them as they get chased up the stairs. Into the tower followed by a last stand on the top floor.

It's epic.

The only thing about the map I would consider unfair is perhaps the "Windows" on the sides of every door where people can stand and shoot the specimens but all 4 doors get broken down on all latter waves anyway. That combined with the Husks shooting the people who try to camp those it tends to even out

Upvote 0
The point to be taken here is that you could even have a leveling map(like kf-level) on the whitelist, but it would be neutralized by having the specimen only mutator's taken off the whitelist.

This way, TW could focus more on the game rather than the whitelist.

For instance: Remove the poundamonium and bloat-ed mutators and NO map can become a grindfest.

Upvote 0