• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More than 1 skin for mutants?

lukee9610

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 13, 2010
Ok, I get kinda tired of all the mutants looking the same. So why can't we have more than one skin for the mutant types? The only real downside I can think of is some people might have trouble telling the diffrence. I'm not sure how, but they might not be able to tell the diffrence between a Clot and a Gorefast... now that I think about it, how could someone not tell the diffrence between a them. I mean one of them does have a blade strapped to their arm!

First of all. Welcome to the forums :D

Second. They're not mutants, they're specimens.

Third. They are all clones (failed, btw) of the same person (for the clot), and the others are failed military experiences (I believe they are clones too, but IDK), so new skins for them are going against Killing Floor's "mythology", dare I say.

So, I'd have to say "nay".

Sorry :/

Upvote 0
First of all. Welcome to the forums :D

Second. They're not mutants, they're specimens.

Third. They are all clones (failed, btw) of the same person (for the clot), and the others are failed military experiences (I believe they are clones too, but IDK), so new skins for them are going against Killing Floor's "mythology", dare I say.

So, I'd have to say "nay".

Sorry :/

But like....some of the cloning machines could have had a problem whilst cloning, thus creating some mutated specimens, not completely different skins, but like.....mutilated body parts and stuff i feel would be pretty good.

Upvote 0
But like....some of the cloning machines could have had a problem whilst cloning, thus creating some mutated specimens, not completely different skins, but like.....mutilated body parts and stuff i feel would be pretty good.

i like the idea. like a clot thats been around the block a few times and has some wounds or scars. maybe a fleshpound that ate one too many humans and packed on some weight.

or at least give the pat a sweet moustache. lol

Upvote 0
phoenix is right, you really cant change it becuase they are clones, however, Johnny has a point that you could have zeds with burns, wounds, or scars. Just mutilate them a bit more. Its really not that hard. they just have to make the skins they want to add for each zed, and set it to random and what %.

Edit: Even I could do the mapping for TW if they couldnt do it. It is a hobby of mine

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suggested something like this, with an explanation how to counter the "they are clones"-statement.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=39556&highlight=variety

Just because they are clones doesnt mean the world threated them equally so to speak, they could have had accidents and marks from previous battles with the humans (missing limbs, burns, scars, wounds etc)

Also, Im sure Horzine experimented a ton of different things on the clones, while trying to perfect them, so that would also explain why some of them seemed weaker/stronger than the others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree, with the wounds and scars and all that. But do to the work, I think TWI would just say that the specimens only last about 5 - 15 secs before you completely gib them and what not so it would be a waste.

~ Also, not to go off track but does TWI even check the ideas and suggestions section of the forums? I never see any of them reply to anything in this section. >.<

Upvote 0
~ Also, not to go off track but does TWI even check the ideas and suggestions section of the forums? I never see any of them reply to anything in this section. >.<

They do read it occasionally, but they dont reply unless you ask something (loudly).

After all they got better things to do than read the forums all day long, with tons of new topics popping up all day with countless of new replies.

Upvote 0
Also, how loud do we have to be to get TWI to read this?

Trust me, it has to be a VERY significant post/idea. You know, those posts that have some 7+ pages.. regardless, people ask for some pretty stupid or small stuff to happen, I don't think TWI will submit to those little requests/ideas. If anything, they create it as entirely new content, nothing original gets edited.

It either gets patched/fixed or something completely new is made from scratch. Not saying your idea is stupid, but if TWI doesn't feel like submitting people's ideas (and that is a LOT of work), then it should be up to the players/modders to add their stuff through mutators. Adding small stuff like scars, wounds, and other stuff.. I'm sure skinners and modelers can fix that up.

Take the p90 mutator for example that was made, it looks pretty neat, has ugly reload animations and its weak as hell and the hand is from DA, but someone still made it! So your idea is more than possible by the players! :O

Upvote 0
I joined these forums when i first played KF a year ago almost and honestly im not tired of the specimens. They are going to be killing me so im not looking at how cute they are :D (but the stalker). they all are clones. They all are mutilated the same way due too actions taken to prevent certain actions or too make them stronger such as the siren actually being way stronger when she is not tied up and has her eyes plucked out. OR the gore fasts smashed hand with a blade in the middle of the fingers........

But i would like too see the bloat wearing a shirt that fits and pants.... or the patriarch in a military uniform O_O?

Or the gore fasts wearing glasses cuz he always is squinting!~ xD

but i wouldn't see any need of new skins unless they are humorous as the ones i just listed or something like that :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CLOTS EVERYWHERE!

michael-jackson-thriller.jpg

Upvote 0