• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TK for weapons

Fedorov

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005
Ok, here is my suggestion, I know its unrealistic, but IMO, it would be good for game play if team killed people don't drop their weapons.

It will save a lot of frustration and drama, just the anger caused by being TKed for a weapon can ruin your whole game experience for a day, and also breaking the immersion for the rest who have to read your mutual insults.

Or make it so that weapon can only be taken by an enemy soldier

I don't think this is a problem that can have a solution integrated into gameplay. It should really be kept to admin decision and the tk auto kick feature. There are too many variables, It wouldnt be so bold to suggest that a third of teamkills are the fault of those killed. Just play a round of Konigs on the allied side to see what I mean.

Also you can just shoot the gun from thier hands if you want to steal it without killing them :p

Upvote 0
I don't think this is a problem that can have a solution integrated into gameplay. It should really be kept to admin decision and the tk auto kick feature. There are too many variables, It wouldnt be so bold to suggest that a third of teamkills are the fault of those killed. Just play a round of Konigs on the allied side to see what I mean.

Also you can just shoot the gun from thier hands if you want to steal it without killing them :p

normally... there is no admin, also there shouldn't be autokick for one or two TKs, and you know the votekick doesn't work, people just won't vote, and it can be abused by a group of players to kick one innocent.

Weapon shot out of hand... make it the same way, so a team mate can't pick it up if it was shot out of hand by him...

Eliminate the motivation and save a lot of drama

Upvote 0
I say if someone is tked, don't allow the tker to pick up the weapon. Next to that the vote kick menu should easily be accessible, with a good working forgive system (including the "You forgave xxx, you're a noble person" when you forgive).

yeah, this

basically, you are only ruining the realism for the TKer, but he deserves it, right? =P

In my proposal I said all allies, because some TKers would team up if they are friends or something... but it could be extended to the friends of the TKers instead, right? because the game will run with steamworks, it should be possible.

Upvote 0
This issue is old as RO is and they dont fix it yet. Is it too hard to code that if person TK you, than he cant pick up your weapon?

To prevent all other tricks like your friend TK someone for weapon which you take after that, ban this weapon for all peoples on your side.

what's wrong with killing a comrade for his gear? I know if I was at war and my best friend was next to me with some chocolate milk, or a better smg, or better hair style I would not hesitate to bus bus some caps him in his back... "don't worry Yuri, I got your back homie....IN MY IRON SITES!!!"
but I agree this is a server issue, and most servers I play on deal with this pretty well.

Upvote 0
the thing is preventive systems can harm actual users as well. Something like making a team killer unable to pick-up the gun of the person he tk-ed is a good solution. But I don't think that other team mates should be stopped from being able to pick that gun up. As having 2 snipers or MG's would actually benefit the team, so a TK is bad for the team already, if the team then cannot even use the gun at all the team is struck once again.

But most griefers in any server just try to block doorways so they get tk-ed 10 times and then get others banned. Or shoot people in the foot on purpose. Or just kill people for fun to get people riled up. Most of them do not really have any reason to what they are doing.

The forgive system is important in keeping tkers out, and next to that a good voting system. Of course a lot of people won't vote. But you should be able to set how many people (in %) should vote before someone gets kicked.

If a voting system is easier accessible more people will vote, allowing server administrators to increase the limits for kicking someone out. As currently with ro to make the vote kick work, the limit must be set so low that if indeed a group of 5 grievers can kick everybody on a 32 player server. If the voting system can be made more accessible so that the needed amount for a kick vote can be increased to say 10 people on a server or 30% then its for the biggest part more griefer proof.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
simple solution if You TK someone more than "in server options definable value"
(not round, i say game of x rounds)

then You loose chance to pickup his primary gun ...

problem solved ...

examples:
some server set it to 0, so you if You TK you can't pickup that weapon at all
some set it to 1 so unlucky TK not prevent You to use that gun ..

Upvote 0