• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO:HoS (collectors edition) items.

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Lets try to think up fun items that could realistically be used in a collectors edition item.

Items that I can think of that I would find interesting to be included in a collectors edition would be:

* Soviet ushanka (sadly head sizes differ)
* Zeltbahn / Plash palatka (if you buy a few collectors edition you could make a tent :D )
* Map/Big poster of the entire city of Stalingrad.
* A the making of DVD
* Miniature statue of the Dancing Children and the Crocodile
* A cheap *** web cam (together with added face recognition in the game for head tracking).
* A desk microphone
* A history book based on a compressed version alan's research documentation :F.
* A model kit + glue for a T34 tank

Last edited:
A Plash palatka replica would be the best choice. I think that could be also produced on a shoestring.

A german dog tag would be nice, too!
(I think soviet army didnt have any)
germandogtag-1.jpg

A russian or german helmet (proberly a replica too) is also possible.
(The OperationFlashpoint Dragon Raising Collector Edition had one, too.)

Upvote 0
i like the ushankas, making of DVD and the model t34 kit.....but make it a 1:18 scale model!!!! (yes i collect military stuff like model vehicles....1:18 collectors have been BEGGING for somebody to produce a 1:18 t34)

Noooo make it 1:87 not just coz its police radio code for murder, but coz i wanna do a WW2 themed HO scale model railway! haha ;)

Upvote 0
With historical annotations, showing the locations of all the battles in the game.
That would definitely be cool. A big poster, showing a drawn or fotographic map of Stalingrad with markers giving the name and a short description of the place, maybe together with a small picture from the HoS map.

Splitting the special version into two different versions would also be interesting, one for each side ingame. Slightly different cover, different bonus items.

Anyway, I would suggest a CD/DVD featuring the official soundtrack (if there is one). An art book could also be interesting, preferably also featuring some historical informations about the content of the images.

Upvote 0