• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Screen Resolution Changes via File Editing and Inability to Play Online...

porkface

Jan 1, 2010
I recently requested a new monitor to be delivered, and it arrived, and it's wide screen, and surprisingly compatible with many games...

However, after finding that Killing Floor didn't support a native screen resolution of 1600 x 900, i delved into the system folder of the game, and proceeded to edit the screen resolutions via the Config file (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System\...)...

The Following alterations were made under the "[WinDrv.WindowsClient]" Section...

MenuViewportX=1600
MenuViewportY=900

WindowedViewportX=1600
WindowedViewportY=900

and..

FullscreenViewportX=1600
FullscreenViewportY=900

It seemed to function well, until i tried to play online...

The game seems to not be willing to load past the pre-loading loading screen, IE (connecting, press f10 to cancel...) screen...

Upon then loading a solo game to see if it would load, i noticed the all of the energies invested sitting at a computer, leveling perks seem to have disappeared, as far as the game is concerned, erasing a lvl 6 commando perk, among others...

I am also unable to view the "Profile and Achievements" menu when it is clicked...

Anyone care to potentially offer assistance?
Assistance potentially appreciated :)...
potentially...

Have a good one :)...