• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shooting off limbs

vealck

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Wouldn't that be sweet to shoot / chop off specimen's limbs? If not in the actual game, maybe at least as an awesome mutator? :cool:

• Shooting off specimen's arm halves his melee damage

• Shooting off specimen's leg makes it crawl towards you at half his speed

• Specimen can lose up to 25% of their health by having their limb shot off

• Patriarch can lose his minigun arm, which switches him into fast berserk mode with extended use of cloaking

• Sirens, Husks and Scrakes are immune to arm severing for obvious reasons

Yeah, I reckon the crawling part would require new model animations, so it'd be quite difficult, but shot area tracking and arm severing are already in game engine - used in a death animation.

Well, from coder's perspective it could be done by making the severed arm invisible, stun animation + spawning gib, and then resuming normal functionality of specimen, but with reduced damage. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have any experience with modding unreal engine.

• Sirens, Husks and Scrakes are immune to arm severing for obvious reasons

[funny] So FPs are fair game? :rolleyes: I can shoot off their arms and make them bite my teammates as medic? :D [/funny]

But srsly, good idea. Would make aiming with the Xbow more important.
Or the M14. Or just make aiming important in general.

Like spraying 'n' stuff might just take their arms off.
It'd make 'em 'armless. :)

Upvote 0
Would be awesome, I love zombie games where you can shoot the limbs off and they still keep attacking. Shoot the head off and they die.

...except that KF isnt rly a zombie game :p (specimens/clones)

Dead Space was a good example too. Actually the whole purpose of the game was cutting the space aliens as small pieces as you could, to make sure they died lol. Loved the stomp feature too xD "taste my boot alien scum!"

Would be funny to be able to shoot legs off from a siren, and it would just be wiggling on the ground looking helpless xD, like a fish on dry land.

Upvote 0