• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What happened to DA2?

Nanostrike

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2009
Few servers are still up, and all the bugs that were present at release are still there. On top of that, every DA2 forum I've seen for posting bugs/suggestions or just discussing the mod has vanished within about a week or so of being created!

Is this a forgotten mod project or is something going on with it that I'm missing? Because I was looking forward to a tweaked out, bug-fixed DA2...

^ seconded.

at least the big announcement was made and it got more people to buy KF during the sale. same thing that happened with MN and DH updates....sale brought in more people to buy RO even though the mods still lingered in obscurity.

a shame that people put all the work they do into a mod and then it simply doesn't pan out in the end.

Upvote 0
Update is already send to Tripwire for publishing..

About the forums, the host lost all it's data during new year, we had to use backups from before the release..

Where are the forums now? From the looks of the patch, you've definitely been using our feedback, so I'd like to give more suggestions and report any bugs I find. Anyways, I just tried it tonight. Good news and bad news.

Bad news: There were a good bit of servers up, but only ONE, yes ONE server had players on it...

Good news: The server I was on was using a lot of the changes you have planned as part of a "Custom Survival" mutator and it was a blast. Especially with a good team. On the server that was populated, people joining all thought it was a blast and noticed a BIG difference between the it and the release version. I'm gonna start playing again now!

It makes specimens die with a reasonable amount of fire, "Champion" specimens appear instead of the Patriarch, and shows how many specimens out of the max amount were currently rampaging (When they were flooding the walls, it hit 90% (65 Specimens!) and we were in BIG trouble!).

Somehow, we've gotta get people to give it a second chance. DA servers with ~20 people are EPIC, albeit rare.

Some of the changes in your patch that will be great are:
- Zed time removed
=Zed Time just didn't fit and had that UNGODLY sound.
- Mechanic now receives score from the gunner operating his turret
=Mechanics can actually be decent scorers now as part of a Gunner/Mech team!
- Patriarch now spawns after a minimum festation has been reached
=No more bum-rushing, spawn-camping Patriarch
- Added champion specimens
=Definitely add variety
- Players now have to kill specimens to accumulate more lives
=A reason to go for high scores!

- Medics receive much more score for healing other players
=Medics value is now shown on the scoreboard
- Motion blur has been greatly decreased
=Thank god. 'Nuff said.
- Ammobox recharge time slightly decreased
=Very needed.
- Players now stand at or on the turret when manned
=Also very needed.

- Turret limit now shows for mechanics in the HUD
=This was one of my biggest gripes as mechanic. It's now been fixed. Awesome.

ive been a RO player for 3 years, and a KF player for 4 years, but ive never checked out DA, is it any good??

When first released, no, not really. But after this last patch, yes it is. However, populated servers are a bit...rare...these days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will mention this to our server admin and see if he's interested in a running it for a week or two. If it's popular we'll see. A few people I know tried DA2 and weren't terribly impressed. This is sounding more fun though.

I wasn't impressed at first either. I gotta admit, at release it was pretty buggy and nigh-unplayable.

A word of warning: It's STILL not very popular right now. Like I said, it has all of one or two populated servers. But that might change with the patch.

Upvote 0
It is fun to play though on Survival. When I tried the actual game, I found my self spawn camped along with my team on triumph due to the Turrets being able to shoot you when the fog should be blocking their distance.
Sucks that the weapons do barely any damage to the zeds though.

Luckily those are both history with the upcoming update.

Upvote 0
It is fun to play though on Survival. When I tried the actual game, I found my self spawn camped along with my team on triumph due to the Turrets being able to shoot you when the fog should be blocking their distance.
Sucks that the weapons do barely any damage to the zeds though.

Yeah, in the Custom Survival I've been playing, which I guess is a beta of the new patch, the weapons shred the Zeds like they should. 2-3 Headshots down an FP, 1 downs a Scrake/Husk, and most smaller stuff does a backflip if you hit 'em in the head...Rockets send everything smaller than a husk flying (And dead)...Turrets chop up Zeds like a meat grinder.

And yet they'll still eventually get us as the better we do, the higher the difficulty goes.

If he gets the spawning system fixed so the Patriarch and his twenty zed buddies can't spawncamp, it'll be a blast.

Upvote 0