• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Blocking Fluid Surface

d3no

Feb 14, 2010
Croatia
I've searched on the forum and on other pages but didn't quite find a solution for my problem. I've spawned a fluidsurfaceinfo and it's representing lava. Now, I've made a tunnel that leads to a complex under it. What I want to do is block the fluid surface going through that brush, so that players can walk through the tunnel under the lava.
Here is the screenshot of the tunnel:
25iqlx0.jpg

Is it possible to do that?
Thanks in advance.

You need to make a lava texture mask and use combiner + shader to make the fluid texture invisible for that spot. As for the lava volume, you need to deintersect a brush to cut off a hole in it for the tunnel.
Well.. It's quite hard to pull out and hard to explain, but it is possible and I don't have any examples here with me at the moment.

Upvote 0
Trying using a blocking volume and just set clampfluidsurface(I think thats what its called) to true and the rest 2 false. I havn't tried it, but I think it works. Or better yet use a volume the has a an event and tag of "Myfluid" and due the same for the fluid surface.
So volume:
Tag: myfluid
Event: myfluid
fluidsurface:
Tag: myfluid
Event: myfluid

You can try the same with a blocking volune of clampfluidsurface doesn't work

Last edited:
Upvote 0