• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Kopper-Beta

TheNoRanking

Feb 6, 2010
Sweden
KF-Kopper-BetaV2
Thanks to S281 for the Skybox!

Map Name: KF-Kopper
Beta Number: BetaV2
Playable: Yes

Description:

You spawn in an apartment kind of bulding that has been abandoned since the zombie outbreak. The building is in the middle of the woods and it's totally cut out from the outside world. The zombies spawn outside the building somewhere in the woods and are trying to get to you thru five entrances located around the building. Almost every window and door is weldable so the key to success is to work together and try to weld as many doors and windows as possible before they are to close. The building has two floors with two staircases on each side. On the back of the building there's some balconies and other fun stuff where you can stand and shoot the zombies on the ground as they try to enter the building. More than that i can't describe, you just have to play the map and find out yourself!

Enjoy!

Testing:

I have tried to test it as much as possible and i've found a lot of bugs and glitches that i've fixed, but if you find anything else, please tell me here in this tread and i'll update as soon as possible! What i'm more interesting in, is what you think about the map (bad/good?) and what you want to see in the next beta changed, removed or added...

Download [17.68MB]:

FileFront

Update Changes:

BetaV2

- Added doorframes and windowframes around every door/window
- Fixed all the bad lightning (to bright lights and stuff like that)
- Added fire and smoke
- Changed a few PathNodes
- Added some JumpPads for the zombies
- Fixed all doors so that they open the correct way
- Added shutters around the trader that opens between waves
- Added breakable glass
- Added and fixed some sound effects
- Added a night sky with stars and a moon
- Fixed as many areas as i could were the zombies often got stuck
- Added more blocking volumes around some stating mashes and stuff
- Optimized the map as much as i could (Surfaces made unlit, deleted unnecessary Static Meches...)
- And probably even more tiny changes that i can't remember right now!

BetaV1

- First Release

Pictures:

killingfloor20100223233.png

killingfloor20100223232.png

Note:

This is my first map ever! So if something isn't done right or seem n00bish then you know why. But i've watch alot of tuts and search on the forums here so i don't think it's to bad, hope you'll enjoy!

Last edited:
:) looks like a Gravel texture on that wall if im not too wrong. Well nice use. Anyway i would add distance fog via zone info to the map, always makes the light act smoother. ;)

Yeah i've tought about that but i didn't think it looked so good. what i would like to have is fog only near the ground like in horror movies. but i don't know how to do that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
looks like a solid concept for a map. You are adding lights correctly but its quite important to adjust its lightcolor values. White light is really boring. Even a shade of yellow looks good for most normal lights you would find in a house. For a flurorescent try adding a tinge of blue. Lighting is tough in general to get right so good luck! In the meantime hope people play test your map.

Fog on ground can be done with emitters. Try KF-Chython perhaps for an example. I saw a better one but I can't think which.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
looks like a solid concept for a map. You are adding lights correctly but its quite important to adjust its lightcolor values. White light is really boring. Even a shade of yellow looks good for most normal lights you would find in a house. For a flurorescent try adding a tinge of blue. Lighting is tough in general to get right so good luck! In the meantime hope people play test your map.

Fog on ground can be done with emitters. Try KF-Chython perhaps for an example. I saw a better one but I can't think which.

Ok, i'm probably gonna change a few lights here and there but i still want to have that scary feeling with only a few light outside and the rest is totally darkness.

I've looked at that map and it has some nice fog, so i will try it out and see how it looks. But i have comed up with some new ideas, like a star-skybox and a moon, that will probably be in the next beta. And i'm thinking about making an attic and a basement next but that will probably take a week or so. Thx for the feedback!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
solid map, good look, good athmo, nicely build.

two issues:
1. the visible trader. maybe some shutters closing and covering her between the waves.
2. very thight architecture. its no problem to manuvre the map but i GUESS with 6 players on hard the zeds will stuck and will become easy targets.

other than that cool piece of work

Upvote 0