• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Tournament

Damn, I might have wanted to join up but I cant until I get a proper internet (line instead of a mobile one)... And that will be in 2-3 weeks prolly.

Oh well maybe next time.

Atm I would be only interested about team vs team tournaments tho, but I dont even have an actual team to play with lol. Well there is this suicidal group but I dont know if they even want to play. But what Im saying, if theres a team out there looking for an extra player...

Upvote 0
A team based tournament for the future sounds great.

There's a whole host of ideas to play with for that to ensure the teams can fill up. For one, a mixed clan event (no clan mates on opposing teams naturally) to ensure large battles are a viable option. sandy has already scripted for that possibility. Anyway, that's all for the future. :D

I sent you a PM BlazinAces with a link to the KF Konquest Perk Replacement mut. I'm looking forward to watching the video streams.

Upvote 0
Boy 'O' Boy have things taken a different direction!

Well lets kick off this news with the new KF Konquest look, if you fancy taking a trip to [URL="http://www.kfkonquest.webs.com"]www.kfkonquest.webs.com[/URL] you'll see the fruits of my work today, BAM not exactly an explosive site but its starting to take some real shape now, it beats the old one, lets just say that, & it now works with firefox! Finally!

The second part of this update is a slightly annoying one, so sit back, take a breath and read on:

If you have just looked at the site you'll see this message:

"The tournament has been pushed back a week, this is due to new rules being implimented, and a change in how the tournament is played.
It is now played based on survival times:
Each player will play a total of 3 rounds on the map Survival. At the end of the 3rd round the players longest survival time will be entered into the ranking table. At the end of a month, the player ranked number one will win.
The sign ups are back until Wednesday, so if you want to join, now is the time to do it.
I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, i just want the tournament to be as good as it can possibly be for the KF community."

Yes that is annoying for everyone already signed up and ready to go this Sat & Sun, unfortunately, that won't be happening, i don't know, something just didn't click with me, i saw the site... i saw the amount of people signed up, i thought... no way, its got to be better than this, so i put my thinking cap on, thought about the idea's thrown around here, idea's thrown around in the shadows, and looking back it was my main man "Evanz" who put the idea forward for the map Survival.

And i like it, i like the map, i think its a good venue, i think the idea of who survives longest will go down well with everyone as thats what most people have been fighting for, so darn it thats whats happening!

Yeah its not teambased, but it drills the worries about unfair play straight into the ground.​

Same rules apply, Level 6 perks, only this time you'll be going at it solo, as in no one in the server but you!​

Yes it takes abit more time, but we all have time to spare here and there, so i thought lets not be regimental about it, so now, its a you decide when you play situation. I'll add everyone who signs up to steam, i'll sign in everyday for an entire month, i'll be online until 12pm GMT that should catch everyone on the other side of the ocean so they can play, i'll set the game up, spectate your attempt, record it and so on. If those times i just said won't catch you and you know that already, you will be put into a match spectated by No Glory who is my Co-Admin in this journy.​

You can take all 3 attempts all at once, you can space them out over the month, as long as you get all 3 in by the closing date, you've got a great shot, if you don't get all 3 in by the closing date, sorry but you missed your chance, that is of course unless there are specific reasons then we can sort something out.​

So yeah, the join form has re-opened until Wednesday, once it closes, I'll set everyone up on steam, then do as you will from there.​

As it says on the site, sorry for the inconvenience, I'm just trying to do whats right.​

Blazin

Quick Edit: People may want to start practicing, if they haven't already got the map, you can download it here: http://pliki.red.orchestra.pl/maps/killingfloor/download/KF-Survival.exe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What difficulty you running it on with that survival map?

cos a level 6 berserker is close to invincible on beginner, could probly take a beating on normal aswell

Suicidal, and i'll look into that, thanks for the heads up, it should be okay, as soon as the crawlers spawn you get fubar, then the bloats finish you off if you survive that, and if you really are that good and survive the bloats the gores will end you no questions asked.

Upvote 0
TOURNAMENT IS OFFICIALLY UNDERWAY!

Given the option to either wait until the closing date for new sign ups or use an attempt early for being pre-existing tournament members, the man from France, Ju!, took the Attempt it now option, to be the first ever competitor in the KF Konquest tournament, not only starting the event, but by making history as well!

His results can be found on the site.

No Glory has also set a time and day for his date with destiny, his match will be the first to hopefully have the live feed option, you can find out more details over at the site, but don't worry if you miss it, a replay video will be available shortly after.

It has begun!

Upvote 0
its good to see you have changed the rules to make it more interesting/fair/good/faster or whatever your reasons where.

this is just my opinion here but i think it will be a little broken if your just going 1 at a time the few people who beat the bloats will have to face sirens and that will be impossible with just 1 person. all your skilled players may get to the bloats and anyone after that will die, simple.

(iv never actually played it solo, but im assuming how the waves are spawned hasnt changed)

Upvote 0
its good to see you have changed the rules to make it more interesting/fair/good/faster or whatever your reasons where.

this is just my opinion here but i think it will be a little broken if your just going 1 at a time the few people who beat the bloats will have to face sirens and that will be impossible with just 1 person. all your skilled players may get to the bloats and anyone after that will die, simple.

(iv never actually played it solo, but im assuming how the waves are spawned hasnt changed)

Well its all kicked off now and there have been zero problems so far.

I'm a little lost to what you mean if i'm honest, players who survive the bloats, get killed at the sirens... it doesn't make it unfair or break anything from what i can see, the map its self was designed for this very same purpose, to see how long you last, it never ends.

Everyone has a fair shot, its down to your personal skill on how you deal with the situation, everything from what perk you choose to where you stand.

But! theres just some people you'll never please ;)

Upvote 0
Well its all kicked off now and there have been zero problems so far.

I'm a little lost to what you mean if i'm honest, players who survive the bloats, get killed at the sirens... it doesn't make it unfair or break anything from what i can see, the map its self was designed for this very same purpose, to see how long you last, it never ends.

Everyone has a fair shot, its down to your personal skill on how you deal with the situation, everything from what perk you choose to where you stand.

But! theres just some people you'll never please ;)

what i ment is that none will be able to beat the sirens, maybe the bloats but how would you determine the winner? by how many miliseconds they survive the sirens for?

by all means do what you like, im not ganna be one of those *****y people. i hope this all works out how you planed however playing survival on suicidal difficulty will have some VERY quick rounds and anyone who gets up to the sirens will die very quickly. I dont think you will be able to distiguish between first and second with such quick rounds, or how close it will be during the bloat of siren rounds, best of luck though

Upvote 0