• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Poll] Next Update

[Poll] Next Update

• March

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • April

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • May

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Never

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Soon, very soon

Votes: 21 30.0%

• Total voters
I voted never. Not that I don't think there won't be any more fixes for balance and stuff, which was promised, but I don't think we'll see anything like the likes of heavy metal or level up.

So in short I think we'll see some balance fixes and bug fixes, maybe a new map or two, but no more new zeds, weapons, or game play modes.

I hope I'm proved wrong though, becasue with the content I've suggested alone, not even considering all the other suggestions, KF has not reached its true potential.

Upvote 0
[url]http://store.steampowered.com/stats/[/URL]

I wouldn't say it's dead. Over 1,000 active players isn't bad for a low budget, indie game.

and remember, those stats just show current players and daily peak of players, not total players over the entire day........of course that would be nice if they reported those results too.

but going by the numbers, the numbers have been at a steady decline for a while now. the next update hopefully will bring them back up

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
well it's not so much the loss of players that is concerning, but the alarming rate at which it has dropped. 6,000 daily peak down to 2,000 daily peak in only about 2 months is a staggering trend.

of course give the last major update(s) some credit, they were good bandaids and gave the game a temporary boost, but like every bandaid, the stickiness eventually wears off. thing is, it's to the point where a bandaid isn't going to cut it anymore. if the game wants to survive and revive that activity level, it needs surgery and needs it pretty soon.

Upvote 0
I put May? because there's really no telling. A better question would be "When will be RO:HoS be done?" because that will be a better indicator of when another major push on KF will begin.

Anyways, I'm not counting on a stream of updates to keep me playing. At this point I'm looking for a core balance patch that insures the game will tough and entertaining no matter how many updates they do (or don't) put out.

Upvote 0
It depends on how you define "update". Technically speaking, they could release an update tomorrow, but that doesn't mean it'll have any new content or anything else that'll shake the game from its slump.

What's there to add? We don't need new maps, and we just got a bunch of new weapons, so the only new content left to add would be a new perk. Any new perk necessitates new weapons (because I think we have all the existing ones pretty well covered).

All in all, the game is done. It's not like L4D that started with a deficient amount of weapons and eventually grew.

Upvote 0
and remember, those stats just show current players and daily peak of players, not total players over the entire day........of course that would be nice if they reported those results too.

but going by the numbers, the numbers have been at a steady decline for a while now. the next update hopefully will bring them back up

Indeed.

However, most of my friends who used to play KF daily just a few months back have stopped it almost entirely. Nowdays I see them playing maybe once a week for an hour or so, if not more rarely.

I still try to play daily but with my current connection its a pain trying to have a serious game. But after a week or two I should get that line Ive been talking about, hopefully theyll release the new update by then :)

Upvote 0
I only play KF because of its current game mode. I go to L4D2 for other game modes.

A story mode wouldn't really do much for most of us.

well, you know KF mod had a story mode, even before L4D ever came out right? :p

story mode, or any type of objective based mode would be fine by me. however, you are right and i agree that new modes shouldn't just be another game's style with KF content......like tbh, i never liked the vs. mod or Killing Strike mod for KF because those are two other games just with KF content. i'd rather see something that continues the concept that KF already has and develop it a little more. like take the survival mode and add to it perhaps the ability for team survival to allow some type of competitive mode. that would be pretty cool ;)

Upvote 0