• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tutorial movies

Apos

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
Hi,

TWI, to do not replay casual players rejection of RO:O do not simplify gameplay of Red Orchestra. Just make good video tutorials as promo videos and ingame tutorials. Advanced HUD and reduced recoil from relaxed realism doesnt help casual players.

Just look what EA is doing. Bad Company 2 is easy and console game but many many of gamers still dont know what to do with tanks, c4s, objectives etc etc

Check this out

YouTube - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 'How not to be a Noob' HQ

YouTube - Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Demo tutorial - Xbox360/PS3

I believe if you start publishing that kind of videos 1-2 months before game will be released it will help you find customers in casual gamers area.
You can kill two birds with one stone. As you said before, many customers leave RO:O cos it looks too hard for them. You avoid that mistake making that kind of movies.

tutorials would be a great feature. imagine if more people actually watched the ptrd training videos on YouTube......we would have less "what?! bounce? this thing sucks" and less "ZOMG ptrd insta killed my tank?! haxor!!!" :D

tutorials that are implimented in game, or simply just more accessible to players will really help educate players better.

Upvote 0
bswearer and Zetsumei I agree with you both. Im just telling what TWI can do before release to promote HoS and make game easier for newcomers.

Those all video tutorials for simply fps games like BC2 or MW2 are used mainly as commercial thing (and for console players who doesnt know what to do with RPG or tank)

Ingame interactive tutorial might be a part of leveling up thini (if is predicted for HoS) or other cool thing for casuals. I kinda like how it was done in AA3. If you pass tutorial X you get weapon X to use and cool badge. I hated commander noobs whos choose that role only for free PPsH and ask "hey for what is that grenade? Why it isnt killing enemy!? That game sux!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was thinking about the relaxed realism mode, it may not be too much of a bad idea, as it will help bring new players to the game and keep them long enough to convert them, and they will soon realize that they should be playing hardcore, then they will switch once they are ready, I'm sure. And if not they are pussies and not worthy of my bullets :p

Upvote 0