• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Behavior and manners

I am doing my best to conduct myself in accordance with the spirit and intentions of the makers of the game. I heal teammates, share money, avoid puffing smoke that blocks the view of others, play the role of the selected perk and so on. Basically I try to enjoy myself while being a decent sport.
I have experienced being banned for no reason, I could think of. Once I managed to throw a "Why", when I got a kick vote. So I got the deep and profound answer "Because you're a ****** and a ***". I am neither, but that's beside the point. We had a really clever dialogue before I was eventually kicked from the game. So I was left with the disbelief of some peoples manners. :confused:

And an observation: I joined in on a server, Manor, long, suicidal. Watched the team waste Patty and got the achievement without firing a single round. Does that qualify as a bug? Seemed rather cheap. :p

Last edited:
When provided with the condition of anonymity, quite a few people are not going to act according to standard rules of civility. There's an appropriate image for this, but it's also not appropriate for these boards.

In short: "Normal person + Undisclosed Identity + Audience = Total ****wad"

Welcome to the giant cesspool known as the internet.

Enjoy your stay.

Upvote 0
Suicidal and pubs usually don't work.

I've won all (5) of my suicidal achievements, thus far, through pubs.

Granted, 2/3rds of the players in each instance knew each other, or were in some kind of group. Suicidal games seem to attract a different kind of KF player, and the occasional new player who doesn't know any better.

But this is just my experience.

Upvote 0
lol ive been reading the comments on here, theres some funny ones, i love these forums.

KF is an awesome game, but you do get the odd "hey look at me look at me" players, infact I've got a massive list of players that will be placed on the noob wall in the next Killing Floor Moments video, name um and shame um i always say.
:p

Upvote 0
I've got a massive list of players that will be placed on the noob wall in the next Killing Floor Moments video, name um and shame um i always say.

Err...aside from the fact you're making a video about griefers...

I've got this to say: **** happens. Yup, plain and simple. I love the dude who invented the phrase because it's sooooo true. You will meet the occasional yahoo or jackass that will attempt to ruin your gameplay in every way possible. That, my friend, is when you get out your big stick of fire and send him back under his bridge.

Weirdest kick I've ever had happen to me was on Biotics/Suicidal/Long. I was playing medic as usual--healing and such, you know--when suddenly I get kicked around round 8. Reason for kick is still unknown to me (wasn't in my usual asshat mood when I've had 0 rest) but I still wanna know if they won or lost that match.

Upvote 0
Your post contained two issues: 1) players who act rudely, and 2) unscrupulous server admins.

1) Players who act rudely, or "trolls", do so to evoke a response from you. If you refrain from stooping to their level when you respond, or better yet, don't respond at all, then you've neutralized any effect they could have on you. Getting into arguments online gets you nowhere, and even if you are logically correct, and can produce a succinct argument, people will almost always still be contrary and rude.

2) There's really very little you can do about unscrupulous sever admins. I find it best not to argue with them since they're usually drunk on the tenuous iota of power they have. There are far too many servers for this to really be an issue.

Besides that, it helps to keep a generally aloof disposition while playing. You're not there for the witty repertoire, you're there to kill zombies. Actions you perceive as correct or necessary can often be perceived in a negative light by other players. As long as you're sure your actions were not intended to be negative, that's really all that matters (unless you're morally bankrupt, in which case you have bigger problems).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lol, I was playing with these two guys in the same clan earlier today. It was hilarious, they were treating everyone else in the game like ****, trying to get people mad. "HEY RETARD WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER MEDIC, HAHA YOU DIED STUPID NICE JOB." No one was really paying attention to them but they kept going.

I've noticed that people in clans tend to get that group mentality and are a lot more likely to act like douchebags. You just have to shrug it off though.

Upvote 0
lol ive been reading the comments on here, theres some funny ones, i love these forums.

KF is an awesome game, but you do get the odd "hey look at me look at me" players, infact I've got a massive list of players that will be placed on the noob wall in the next Killing Floor Moments video, name um and shame um i always say.

youre planning on doing a name and shame? doing this would be a big mistake.

Upvote 0