• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Suburbia

Hey

Hey

Works fine for me.

Works great for me. No lag at all. I am trying to make my new map more playable for sub par computers; however this only so far you can go to make it Pentium 4 compatible.

The best solution upgrade to at least a cheap E-Machine or equivalent. For me personally I could build a kick arse computer for under a grand.

To build a kick arse competition gaming computere about 2 grand.

To build god like I wish I had a big one. 3-4 grand.

Upvote 0
Suburbia Post Beta Released!

Suburbia Post Beta Released!

KF-Suburbia_Beta3 Released!

After a couple weeks of issues i finally got some time to work on releasing a new build. Dregs has added some really nice new assets to the level including a newly skinned Police Car!

Unfortunately i wasn't able get to everything i wanted for this release and will address the remaining issues additions for the "Final, Final" release (or what ever you want to call it) :rolleyes:. Mostly cosmetic things are left on the to-do list that will not effect performance or gameplay.

If anyone does test this online with a full server please tell me if your getting any performance issues and where about.

Below is a list of changes.

Lighting:

• Improved overall look and feel to lighting
  • Added coronas to light sources
  • changed fog color
  • Added bloom effect
  • KF color correction now implemented
Optimizations:

• Removed select street emitters
  • Optimized all remaining emitters
  • Improved Zoning
  • Improved Distance Culling
  • Major performance increase on

Upvote 0
Man did we get a surprise when this one loaded. Dam it's so dark but like real dark. It makes this map pure hell. All the kids will emo its too dark but for me and a fan of WestLondonNightV7 its the best way for KF to be played (apart for FF). Dam it really feels like a mid west town deserted late at night - real late after the bars have shut. Dam its so dark haha and I love it so much even if you create light versions here after I will keep this as the 'night' version' and not bother with the lighter ones! The picture below demonstrates how night time should be done. Awesome.

kf_sub_night.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man did we get a surprise when this one loaded. Dam it's so dark but like real dark. It makes this map pure hell. All the kids will emo its too dark but for me and a fan of WestLondonNightV7 its the best way for KF to be played (apart for FF). Dam it really feels like a mid west town deserted late at night - real late after the bars have shut. Dam its so dark haha and I love it so much even if you create light versions here after I will keep this as the 'night' version' and not bother with the lighter ones! The picture below demonstrates how night time should be done. Awesome.

That’s awesome that you like it so much gusone ;) I wanted to simulate the feeling of walking home late at night with the lighting/fog to give the map a hint of creepiness. I’m pleased with how the new lighting turned out and have no future plans on changing it unless something warrants it (which I doubt).

Upvote 0
Zio,

Dude...I played the map last night.....I don't like most custom maps...they are to "NEW" new texture feel , stupid game play, no real theme or possible story to them....just run over here and shoot.

But man I got to say...I like your map...I really like it. Other than Hospital Horrors, yours is the only custom maps that I really like......very playable. Very "Real" feeling, good detail, lighting is great as is.

I may ask to use some of your custom cars....with proper credit given of course.

Very good map!

NAKED

Upvote 0
Zio,

Dude...I played the map last night.....I don't like most custom maps...they are to "NEW" new texture feel , stupid game play, no real theme or possible story to them....just run over here and shoot.

But man I got to say...I like your map...I really like it. Other than Hospital Horrors, yours is the only custom maps that I really like......very playable. Very "Real" feeling, good detail, lighting is great as is.

I may ask to use some of your custom cars....with proper credit given of course.

Very good map!

NAKED
Thanks NAKED GI JOE for the complements!

Your welcome to use any of Suburbia's custom content.

Upvote 0
KF-Suburbia_Final Released!

KF-Suburbia_Final Released!

KF-Suburbia_Final

KF-Suburbia_Final.jpg

Download: KF-Suburbia_Final
Download Size: 30mb

Finally, it's done!

I'd like to thank everyone on Tripwire's forums for the feedback and gracious comments during development. Thanks Tripwire for choosing Suburbia as an Runner Up in the Grindhouse Custom Map Making Competition. I hope everyone enjoys the final version!

Upvote 0