• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Killingfloor tournament

presumably as both require little skill as they rely solely on splash damage. this sounds very intresting, may i ask, will you have to submit a team of players, or will it be a mix of random players? as i run a listen server with a few freinds on a frequent basis and i would love to submit my team of 6 for this little tournament. were not very good mind you, but im sure Lv6 perks would iron out some of those issues. if you wish to contact me on steam my username is "noggin_on_wheels", and my clan is "noggin's 9th gate"

Upvote 0
Not that I really care much, but why no Demo or Firebug?

Some of the maps / mutators we mite play we feel there is a unfair advantage with them plus loads of smoke fire to blind other players

presumably as both require little skill as they rely solely on splash damage. this sounds very intresting, may i ask, will you have to submit a team of players, or will it be a mix of random players? as i run a listen server with a few freinds on a frequent basis and i would love to submit my team of 6 for this little tournament. were not very good mind you, but im sure Lv6 perks would iron out some of those issues. if you wish to contact me on steam my username is "noggin_on_wheels", and my clan is "noggin's 9th gate"

i will need to think about teams as that will mean running a league kinda tournament i was planing on just having a random team of players in each game

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh I thought it would be team based tournament where two teams fight in identical situation and see which one performs better. This game isnt designed for "who gets the most kills" type of gameplay, its almost entrily based on luck in many cases, like it might be the other player is way better than the other but he kills less because the specimens happened to spawn right next to his opponent.

If not team matches, then solo in separate games. So basically, the one who survives longer is the winner, or if both beat the game then you give points for the speed and style perhaps.

Well I dunno, but I dont think the way its planned atm will accurately measure who is performing better.

Upvote 0
Oh I thought it would be team based tournament where two teams fight in identical situation and see which one performs better. This game isnt designed for "who gets the most kills" type of gameplay, its almost entrily based on luck in many cases, like it might be the other player is way better than the other but he kills less because the specimens happened to spawn right next to his opponent.

If not team matches, then solo in separate games. So basically, the one who survives longer is the winner, or if both beat the game then you give points for the speed and style perhaps.

Well I dunno, but I dont think the way its planned atm will accurately measure who is performing better.
i know what you mean and a team based is on the cards im going to be running a few tests and lisen to a few more suggestions before we make a final decision when we have il change the guide and rules accordingly

Upvote 0
Its great to see something like this continue but I have a question.

What prevents 2 players from teaming up to create combos that would give them a big advantage.

For example without demo and firebug, the 2 best classes for killing large numbers of specimens are Sharpshooter with M14 and Commando with Scar/AK47. The problem both these classes have is handling fleshpounds and to a certain limit, scrakes.

If a commando or M14 using SS pairs up with an xbow using SS and camp a spot together, the M14 guy or commando could just kill everything except fleshpounds and scrakes, while the xbow guy just takes the big guys along with just enough trash specimens to make their strategy not so obvious. The m14 or scar/ak47 user would win by a landslide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If there will be teambased competition, then I might join up. Id prolly go for berserker just for the fun of it lol.

It would be really hard to judge which team performs better unless the opposite team failed entirely. You should give or take points for - well - everything. Like
+ Teamwork (healing each other, giving money to teammates, sharing weapons when necessary, tactics)
+ Surviving (less deaths, less damage taken overall, and not wiping out ofc lol)
+ Style (perks and weapons used, less camping)
+ Speed (finishing the game faster, defeating the patriarch faster)

But then again, that might get a bit too complicated.

Maybe start up with normal difficulty, then the ones who survived will move into hard difficulty, and then suicidal?

Upvote 0
Ok i tried to cover just about everythink you guys have came up with.
can you all please read these rules and tell me what you think.

TOURNAMENT RULES/GUIDE

No GLITCHING/EXPLOITS All judges will be experienced admins of meny games so there word is FINAL.

Tournament will be scored based on how well your team completes the 3 challenges.Players will join server and fight it out for X amount of waves for 3 games.
Game difficulty will change each game and so will maps and challenges your team can achieve for extra marks

Judges will also nominate a best team moment on each of the 3 rounds the teams will face and they will receive a small score bonus.
This will be judged on teams who maybe do something entertaining or silly or skillful

All players will have full lv6 perks provided by mutator.

POINTS SYSTEM

Teams will be marked on 4 catagories

Style= 0/10
Flexibility= 0/10
Teamwork= 0/10
preformance 0/10

TEAMS

Teams must be a minimum 4 players max 6 players. Teams or single players who cant find a team or need a extra player sign up and include your status and i will do my best to sort you all into teams

Tournament will be on a weekend threw day and late into uk nite time to help foreign players. depending on amount of teams join it mite be done as a elimination thats only if loads join tho

suggestions to these rules are welcome and will be added to or changed if needed

thankyou for taking part good luck

Evanz 24/7 servers crew

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like a nice scoring system, although a few 'achievments' could be added for extra marks, such as:

No one takes vomit damage in any game
No one dies in any game
All fleshpounds are killed before they attack any player

Something like that.

Thats kinda like what will be going on but it will be things we can easly see when specking im planing 2 judges to spec and score each judge will give there own scores
some of the challenges will be things like survive round 7 as only berserkers using the axe or lower weapon giving the teams the option if they want to go for the challenges or not

Last edited:
Upvote 0