• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best maps?

You cannot go wrong with any of the following. All are quality and entertaining maps in the spirit of KF:

DefaultMaps=kf-bedlam
DefaultMaps=KF-Biohazard-XTX
DefaultMaps=KF-Biohazard-Rv1
DefaultMaps=KF-CarryOnUp
DefaultMaps=KF-Chthon
DefaultMaps=KF-CornerMarket_v3
DefaultMaps=kf-crash
DefaultMaps=KF-departed
DefaultMaps=kf-filthscross
DefaultMaps=KF-foundry
DefaultMaps=KF-Grimpen
DefaultMaps=KF-HospitalHorrors-DCF
DefaultMaps=kf-icebreaker
DefaultMaps=KF-MountainPassDay
DefaultMaps=KF-MountainPassNight
DefaultMaps=kf-offices
DefaultMaps=KF-SewersV1
DefaultMaps=KF-Stranded-Remix
DefaultMaps=KF-Suburbia_Beta3
DefaultMaps=KF-Swamp
DefaultMaps=KF-ThelongDarkRoad
DefaultMaps=KF-TrailOfTheWoodsFINAL
DefaultMaps=kf-waterworks
DefaultMaps=KF-WestLondonNight_v7
DefaultMaps=kf-wyre

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You cannot go wrong with any of the following. All are quality and entertaining maps in the spirit of KF:

DefaultMaps=kf-bedlam
DefaultMaps=KF-Biohazard-XTX
DefaultMaps=KF-Biohazard-Rv1
DefaultMaps=KF-CarryOnUp
DefaultMaps=KF-Chthon
DefaultMaps=KF-CornerMarket_v3
DefaultMaps=kf-crash
DefaultMaps=KF-departed
DefaultMaps=kf-filthscross
DefaultMaps=KF-foundry
DefaultMaps=KF-Grimpen
DefaultMaps=KF-HospitalHorrors-DCF
DefaultMaps=kf-icebreaker
DefaultMaps=KF-MountainPassDay
DefaultMaps=KF-MountainPassNight
DefaultMaps=kf-offices
DefaultMaps=KF-SewersV1
DefaultMaps=KF-Stranded-Remix
DefaultMaps=KF-Suburbia_Beta3
DefaultMaps=KF-Swamp
DefaultMaps=KF-ThelongDarkRoad
DefaultMaps=KF-TrailOfTheWoodsFINAL
DefaultMaps=kf-waterworks
DefaultMaps=KF-WestLondonNight_v7
DefaultMaps=kf-wyre

This

And Leafyincline

Upvote 0
DefaultMaps=kf-bedlam
DefaultMaps=KF-Biohazard-XTX - good!
DefaultMaps=KF-Biohazard-Rv1 - good!
DefaultMaps=KF-CarryOnUp - up down up down up down, starts to get old.
DefaultMaps=KF-Chthon - the layout needs work.
DefaultMaps=KF-CornerMarket_v3 - a square inside of a bigger square
DefaultMaps=kf-crash - classic!classic!
DefaultMaps=KF-departed - pathing issues but still good
DefaultMaps=kf-filthscross - good!
DefaultMaps=KF-foundry
DefaultMaps=KF-Grimpen - needs to be optimized, the creator refuses and then says its better than wyre.
DefaultMaps=KF-HospitalHorrors-DCF - good!
DefaultMaps=kf-icebreaker - no one really plays this one.
DefaultMaps=KF-MountainPassDay - a bit too big
DefaultMaps=KF-MountainPassNight - a bit too big!
DefaultMaps=kf-offices
DefaultMaps=KF-SewersV1 - gets boring after a while.
DefaultMaps=KF-Stranded-Remix - good!
DefaultMaps=KF-Suburbia_Beta3 - good!
DefaultMaps=KF-Swamp - classic!
DefaultMaps=KF-ThelongDarkRoad - good!
DefaultMaps=KF-TrailOfTheWoodsFINAL - boring for me.
DefaultMaps=kf-waterworks - good!
DefaultMaps=KF-WestLondonNight_v7 - better than the official
DefaultMaps=kf-wyre

PS: justfilth maps and arramus maps get old after awhile, spice it up!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to play more north sea online, it looks great although it's phaps a bit huge.

I have North Sea on my server :), along with many other good custom maps. Im open for suggestions too.

95.211.15.19:7707

Dispite of me promoting my server here, I dont care about its popularity because the way KF is atm, you can join any server and it will be full after a few waves. Just trying to help out.

Upvote 0
I have North Sea on my server :), along with many other good custom maps. Im open for suggestions too.

95.211.15.19:7707

added thx

well do you have that quake-ish server i mentioned... it is kinda circular with 2 levels and is like a keep with those quake 3 style gothic brown textures.
THat said i would like to play more London based maps, are there more out there? If not i hope mappers continue to make them cos they add a lot to the game.
I mean, a map like gas station (?) is fine, but it could be anywhere really.
I'd like to see Southbank, Leicester square, Hyde park, Westminster etc there's plenty to chose from.

Upvote 0
Grimpen is my favorite custom map ever

Also have that on my server. Or should be LOL, if I remmebered to put it there.

No defence b2 for the love of, that map blows and everyone plays it none stop!

Yea, its a PAIN trying to find a decent suicidal server to play on because 90% of them are either Defense B2, Arcade Shopping/Gas or some other square map with no challenge..

well do you have that quake-ish server i mentioned... it is kinda circular with 2 levels and is like a keep with those quake 3 style gothic brown textures.

If you mean "quake-ish map", no I dont have such a map I think. But then again since you dont know the name if it, its hard to tell what you mean. If you can find out the name, I can prolly look into adding it (but if its some leveling up map similar to Kf-Defense, I wont)

Btw I wont be playing much on my server for a while because I have to wait for my internet cable and connection to be installed (will take 2-3 weeks from now). Im on a portable (mobile) internet atm which makes playing KF impossible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you mean "quake-ish map", no I dont have such a map I think. But then again since you dont know the name if it, its hard to tell what you mean. If you can find out the name, I can prolly look into adding it (but if its some leveling up map similar to Kf-Defense, I wont)......

No it's a bona-fide run/hide map with different paths, and was fairly tough iirc.
I can't believe no-one on these forums so far has identified it. It's pretty polished, not a roughly made effort.

Another one i tried that was ok was the inside of a cathedral, and presumibly named thus. It had a balcony at each end, and the trader was always in the same location, under a grate at one end.
Though i guess it could be somewhat considered a stat farming map due to it's open nature.

Upvote 0
No it's a bona-fide run/hide map with different paths, and was fairly tough iirc.
I can't believe no-one on these forums so far has identified it. It's pretty polished, not a roughly made effort.

Another one i tried that was ok was the inside of a cathedral, and presumibly named thus. It had a balcony at each end, and the trader was always in the same location, under a grate at one end.
Though i guess it could be somewhat considered a stat farming map due to it's open nature.

Sounds like heresy

Upvote 0

Thats def hersey your describing, good map actually, put that on there :p

Upvote 0
PLayed my first game on Grimpen last night, hard, with a good team and absolutely loved it -one of, if not the best game of KF i've ever played.
i believe it was first time anyone of the 6 had played the map.
Cos of the fog, everyone stuck together, not really knowing where to go and scouting for good spots - the big central barn, raised path - both bridges, tunnel ridge over looking a killing field and even all on a large rock one round. We never defended the same area twice.
Each new wave we tried to find previous spots, but ended up finding new ones, even as far as the last wave we were finding new areas.
We beat the game in a very close patty battle with plenty of healing and hiding.
I have to say it was fps heaven and for this reason Grimpen shoots to the top of my fav custom list.
But I dont want to overplay it so it keeps some of it's mystery.

Upvote 0
I was playing this really nice map last night, KF-Gilles. Well made and got pretty crazy a few times. Check it out if you want: [url]http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor/addons/kf-gilles-f[/URL]

Funny, I also played that like a week or two ago and I liked it. I even added it on my server xD

Yes there will be more server advertisements LOL

Its just kinda boring to play the same core maps over and over because nobody seems to vote (or have) the custom maps, so would be great to have some regulars on the server who actually have the maps and want to play them.

Upvote 0