• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggestions

Brendan

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Vermont
www.3pgd.org
-Wehrmacht soldiers carrying rifle with right hand while sprinting
-For every nine Wehrmacht infantry slots, one Wehrmacht MG slot (squads of ten had one MG)
-Weapons slings (mentioned previously)
-Varying amounts of ammunition/ordnance

I can't think of anything else at the moment...maybe bigger servers? I know 50 player servers are relatively large but I can only dream of how awesome game play would be with more players. I'd also like to vouch for NO customization possibility with the exception of maybe the face (which doesn't even matter IMO). I feel like with customization everyone would want to look unique and the end product would not be up to the standard of authenticity that Red Orchestra offers.

I like the idea of the sprinting and holding the rifle with the right hand - I'm sure you got the idea from that famous picture of the Wehrmacht trooper running for cover (that RO also uses for the rifle class I believe) But it is a bit tedious, I initially liked the sprinting in RO how the gun was kept close to the body. But that said - it is understandable for smaller guns like SMG's but holding rifles to your body so close while sprinting would be a bit of an inconvenience IMO.

Adding a sling would be alright - but not necessary. It would be more of an aesthetic thing when the soldier cycles through weapons and would have to put the gun on his shoulder or what not. Speaking of which I think that you shouldnt be able to instantly scroll through weapons - You'd have to put your rifle away first and then reach out for your grenade. It would probably take a little bit longer but would be more of a visual thing.

Upvote 0
The suggestion for holding the rifle with your right hand comes from how German soldiers were trained. That's how they were supposed to hold their weapons.

I'm fully supportive of the sling idea because every weapon applicable for one had one. In reality they were vital pieces of the weapon needed for transportation.

http://www.dererstezug.com/HandletheRifle.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-Wehrmacht soldiers carrying rifle with right hand while sprinting
-For every nine Wehrmacht infantry slots, one Wehrmacht MG slot (squads of ten had one MG)
-Weapons slings (mentioned previously)
-Varying amounts of ammunition/ordnance

I can't think of anything else at the moment...maybe bigger servers? I know 50 player servers are relatively large but I can only dream of how awesome game play would be with more players. I'd also like to vouch for NO customization possibility with the exception of maybe the face (which doesn't even matter IMO). I feel like with customization everyone would want to look unique and the end product would not be up to the standard of authenticity that Red Orchestra offers.
I made a suggestion about one of youre points a little while ago. I think that thereSHOULD be customization, as long as it's realistic to how that soldier would of looked like at that time, instead of clones. For example a cap and rolled sleeves or a helmet and blah blah blah. It doesnt have to be something that small in detail but you get my drift.

EDIT: I am completely for a sling. I love them in games idk why, you dont see the mvery often, and it's not a big thing to add them so why not... You say its just an aesthetic thing, so is graphics, thats just aesthetic, I mean why not keep the same graphics? The gameplay would still be hos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The holding the weapon with the right hand should be used for sprinting when holding down "c". Ah kind of crouched sprinting, here your torso comes closer to your legs and feet, so there's no space for the rifle being held in front of your body.

Yes to gentle customization, like different helmets (netfoliage, whitesheet cover, camocover, ect.)

Weapon slings would be fine, too.

Yeah I suggested both yet in another threads, but it's great people remember that. :)

Upvote 0