• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FleshPounds.

FleshPounds.

• Total voters
FP tactics

FP tactics

Fighting the FP takes a bit of practice and tactics if you don't want to get up in his grill and take him on with a chain-saw. Decapping him works regardless of rage or not, and is your best bet in Solo.

Supports can kill him without a second though really, three or four grenades mixed with five or six regular shotgun blasts, then a single alt-fire blast from the hunting shotgun and he usually goes rag-dolling. Then again, that is really what the support's job is. Kill the big guys so everyone else doesn't die.

I like the ideas that support the idea of making him more powerful, but having blaring weaknesses or just subtle weaknesses that can be exploited. Shoot him in the legs, slows him down, shoot his chest and the tube explodes, causing him to start bleeding out but indefinitely raged.

Upvote 0
perhaps the best thing about the most recent patch is that the game is bloody difficult again, I like that.

Although in this one case I will agree that the FP can be hard, so i will reiterate the suggestion that it be possible to break the light on his front chest restricting him to a very short, or none at, all rage period.
You could make this a little more (IMO) interesting by having it lock into the mode it is when when the light is broken. This would prevent simply spamming shots into him to hit the light.

cx

Upvote 0
If autorage gets nuked then i can go back and kite the whole map with an axe and medic ;)

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. I shot a <specimen> while jumping backwards. And then while backing up I shot a {clot,siren,unraged scrake,stalker}.
Is that kiting? At what point does it become kiting? 1m, 2m, 10m?

You can only backup so far before you hit a wall, furniture, other players or a bunch of specimens. Some maps have some pretty clear paths, but if that makes kiting too easy, then only play in the church or police station. Or in the Manor house. Or in a barn. If the game is too easy then you can make it harder for yourself. Use only a 9mm or a knife or put on 100% FF. But losers like me can't make it easier. Let the wunderkind play on suicidal with a knife, but don't make the game harder for the average player. Too many games let the tail wag the dog. Casual players -- which is most players -- don't visit websites like this and so aren't represented enough. The bottom line is that there is more that can be done to make the game harder than easier.

A question for those who say it game was too bloody easy before: Does this mean that you can play on suicidal and kill the pat > 90% of the time?
I mean, I'm just an old fart who plays pretty poorly and normal is a good challenge to me. I spectate on hard and suicidal public servers and see most squads not defeating a patriarch. I'd really appreciate a demo of a good squad (most likely on a private server) winning on suicidal. I'd like to study the tactics. I've played some public games with well disciplined teams and it is a very different experience.

I've asked for a sandbox mode that cannot be used to make a game easier than beginner. This will allow it to advance perks. In it there can be multipliers for health (e.g. *2, *5, *0.9), speed, jump distance, etc. These should be simple variables already in the code; this just allows the server admin to tweak them.
There could also be an auto rage flag, a rage distance, rage time, rage damage %, etc.
This could be done using a GUI interface, but that would be much more work than simply making these console variables.
The defaults would be exactly as the game is now.

cx

Upvote 0
Forgive me father, for I have sinned. I shot a <specimen> while jumping backwards. And then while backing up I shot a {clot,siren,unraged scrake,stalker}.
Is that kiting? At what point does it become kiting? 1m, 2m, 10m?

You can only backup so far before you hit a wall, furniture, other players or a bunch of specimens. Some maps have some pretty clear paths, but if that makes kiting too easy, then only play in the church or police station. Or in the Manor house. Or in a barn. If the game is too easy then you can make it harder for yourself. Use only a 9mm or a knife or put on 100% FF. But losers like me can't make it easier. Let the wunderkind play on suicidal with a knife, but don't make the game harder for the average player. Too many games let the tail wag the dog. Casual players -- which is most players -- don't visit websites like this and so aren't represented enough. The bottom line is that there is more that can be done to make the game harder than easier.

I have more or less similar opinion in the matter. The majority of average players of Killing Floor like me do not visit the forum and their voice is never heard. It seems this forum is mostly inhabited by the minority of players. For the majority the difficulty is just about right at the moment. The only thing many would like to change is to make the FP auto-enrage a bit less frequently. I wouldn't want the game to be made any harder than is now. I know the 1337 w

Upvote 0
My point is, I wouldn't want Killing Floor to become a game for a small minority of hardcore gamers only.
True, Thats why the difficulty modes are there.
My opinion is that i'm not playing online, let alone a group or clan.
In off-line mode without ANY help the flesh pounds are too dificult.
They are too fast, too powerful and/or have too much health IMO.

Upvote 0
I'm better than most players but wouldn't consider myself uber leet. I've played the game a lot so I've got mostly lvl 5's and I've done solo london on hard a few times, managed to get to wave 10 with zerk but got killed by fp. Taking the head off is the best bet if the fp is close and fairly alone but I've taken them out the conventional way on solo hard, you just need a smart strategy. with zerk I keep a distance, toss a few nades and backpedal while shooting him with ak as he gets close. when hes about to reach me I'll either switch to pistol and hope for decap or pull out katana and usually finish him off in a few swings. the brute force method is much less effective when you don't have nades to whittle the health down, i.e. the 2nd of 3rd fp you come across in the last waves.

with Support I agree it's fairly easy with nades, shotgun, then double barrel when he's point blank. people have said a crossbow works well from a distance although I havent done much sharpshooter.

naturally playing hard on solo pretty much requires a high-level perk, as well it should :)

when people complain about fp decaps being too easy, they probably haven't attempted one that just plain DIDNT WORK. when that happens youre usually toast.

Difficulty is just right.

Upvote 0
Bringing it up again.

Bringing it up again.

After a while of not playing, I've came on again and I'm still finding the Fleshpounder too difficult.
I know people have been saying "don't nerf the FP", But listen for one damned minute.
For those who are finding Decapping too difficult, what other options to they have?
While looking at the flesh pounder, I would say the Speed if anything would need to ne nerfed, You don't normally see guys that large move that fast.
The last thing to nerf would be his damage, because he is the "flesh pounder" after all.
The health does seem a little rediculous in the circumstances, especially when you're surrounded my enemies AND running from the big-guy, And especially when TWO spawn at the same time.
In short; Nerf Speed and/or health (there is such thing as a SMALL nerf), Please limit to one spawning at a time for those on solo.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding?
Pounds are a joke in singleplayer.
They have almost no health when compared to a 6 player game.
Shotgun mag to the face followed by a final dual HS blast mops the floor with them.
That or 1 single crossbow bolt to the face.
Of course, blindly firing at them and then being stuck in a reload while they rage or not being able to dispose of the trash fast enough and not having an escape route will get you killed. And that's your fault.

If you can't deal with ~30 enemies on normal on your own then you're really bad and should probably learn to play instead of screaming for nerfs to mold the game towards your lack of skill.

That said, the pounds should neither be nerfed nor strengthened, they should simply not die instantly from crossbow bolts of sharpies in multiplayer because if there's 1 skilled sharpshooter on any difficulty at all, pounds might as well not be there at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I say nerf FP health significantly, along with nerfing the crossbow instakill of everything, and increase the threat of other zeds by making them faster, and just flat-out spawning more Fleshpounds, in addition to spawning them earlier in the waves.

Currently...
It's boring to sit around leisurely picking off zeds most of the time; things flash from one end of the scale to the other when a stupid-difficult Fleshpound shows up...at least until a sharpshooter blows its head off with the rail-gun-bow.

There needs to be a better balance of power amongst the zeds so that 90% of them aren't small-fry that provide minimal challenge, while the FP is god-like by comparison.

Upvote 0
I say nerf FP health significantly,
FPs show up so infrequently that some people have trouble dealing with them. The game is so easy now because absolutely no team work is required in the game; M14 spam with kill everything and the AA12 and SCAR are no slouches either. Requiring a team of players to work together to deal with an enemy that appears a few times each game should be an absolute minimun for a co-op game. In mod, the feeling of slowly being cornered and such made the game much more intense; this was lost when the game became:

OMG I own N00B specs
*ninja gorefast or crawler
LAG the game is LAGGING so bad, epic fail guyz

Upvote 0
If you want to win the office, go to the roof and weld the backdoor, in a hard game I think I survived on the roof by myself for several rounds while others died in the maze in the middle of the building. One benefit is that the zeds have to walk around the metal fence or get stuck and you can fire through the fence and kill them. Just remember to watch your back.

I find fleshpounds are much easier on single player and I don't think they are so hard to kill. I like that they are hard to kill, second, well placed shots by a Sharpshooter can take them out. Its just many people don't aim for the forehead and end up hitting somewhere else and panic.

Upvote 0
I don't know whether to call them too easy or too hard. Sometimes right when we see one, it's killed immediately with a headshot. Other times when we see one it ends up killing at least two people and injuring others, while unnoticed smaller specimen swarm us.

The only thing I can think of is make him either impossible to headshot, or less likely/harder to be headshot. While making him rage less often randomly.

Upvote 0
i think a great fix for the FP would be to loose the auto-rage (keep the rage however), amp up the damage, slow down the speed and amp up the health. have only a couple spawn each wave.

i mean come on FP's aint the challange they sued to be, as a flamer when u see a FP your like "**** RUN RUN RUN RUN!" but for any other class with body armor they can take it.

support with 3 HS rounds
medic with crossbow
commando with a few headshots
zerker with chainsaw
demo with pipes

they just dont really seem like a challange no more

Upvote 0
My thoughts

My thoughts

Really, I think that, at this point, the FP is very good, and only needs minor tweaks in multiplayer, but the fact of the matter is that offline it becomes hugely difficult. They may have reduced health in solo/offline, but with no teammates to put in cover fire or to pick off others, what would normally be nuetralized by the team suddenly becomes death incarnate, thereby making it a whole different beast when played alone; I mean normal suddenly becomes very difficult, when you are fighting an auto-enraged FP, are pinned by clots, and assaulted by bloats. And, also, I have come to a realization; due to late internet problems I have had to play HUGE amounts of offline. And now, I realize exactly how difficult it is in solo, and largely have no choice whether I do multiplayer or solo (Also, I think solo needs access to perks one way or another when offline; being stuck as lvl0 support forever is very irritating).

Also, FP auto-rage is a tad over the top; i understand the thing for getting angry about being shot, and it fits with the gameplay, but becoming the epitome of rage because it has to walk farther than 5 yards seems like too much. Not to mention when you find yourself far from a spawn point, and suddenly, the FP becomes enrages on the walk to you. "The humans are too far away. That makes me angry. So angry. They make me walk. That isnt nice. MUST KILL NOT-NICE WALK-FORCING HUMANS". I mean, how many clots died in vain because the FP got impatient in the lunch-line. "MUST GET BOLOGNA SANDVICH NOOOOWWWW" Thats how the patty lost his dog, which the FP was told to walk.;)

Upvote 0
I feel that this game is being pushed into the direction of online play becuase of the Fleshpounds alone.
I'm not against on-line play, I enjoy a game or two every now and again but I thing the flesh pound is too strong or has too much health.
I like the idea of a crazed creature you have to watch your fire for but he has too much health IMO.
Offices is one map I need to complete and i'ts not the overly dark corridors (I know it's under constuction but christ) but when all the zombies are crowded in a corridor or a doorway and I have to reload sandwhiched between a load of zombies and the OverPowered nutcase.
I emptied a shotgun into has face and he still had health to spare while I got Mashed between his Fists(?).
not only is it a problem off-line, it takes a squad of people some time to kill him..
Whats your opinion people?

Seriously dude if u want hard. Just play 2.5 Fleshpounds on that are nigh impossible to defeat lol and they arrive in about groups of 20 or 30. Ahh those were the days, u had to exploit in some way to suvive lolol :p So in a way id like to see FP's buffed up a bit. They are rather panzyish atm compared to 2.5 lol. Also esspicly now that those new weapons are in game. Yes they are nice but they are wayyyy to op. The game has gone from u have to keep ur wits about u to a few rounds in and its point click rinse repeat :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2.11, being swarmed by fleshpounds while watching Robot run around on Swamp with a knife searching for ammo as he took them down 1 by 1. Pure lulz.

IMO they need buffing up. You can have a sharpy at the back and when one pops up he just walks to the front of the group, kills it, and sits back.
I don't know how many there are a wave, but it's no more than something like
3-5 right?
They should do their job and actually make you move out of your spot when you see one coming, and make you move around the map.

Upvote 0