• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Tournament

No problems, I'll have a main site up in the near future, there will be a form on there you can fill in, right now there isn't anything sorry :(
It should be online Sunday, i'll post links to it from here.

And thank you Evanz, the server could come in very handy :D

As for everyone else, thank you for your support, I'll get the site ready for sunday and we can put this thing into action! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There isn't an age rating, but it is preferred more mature players apply for the tournament, i will use my discretion if you do end up winning and your 12 & want to purchase an 18+ game, it would be a final decision by me to go through with buying it for you or not, so please be aware of that, i will add it to the regulations.

Aces

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd be interested in a tournament that isn't a 6-man free for all. There are too many things players can do to change the odds in their favor.

I can get 5 other friends to join, go on skype, and let me win. And while I may not be that unscrupulous, I'm sure someone out there is.

Fair enough mate, but thats why the matches are spectated and recorded, to stop that very thing happening, that is in the regulations, a few posts before this, by all means take the time to read through them all, you will see that this is air tight, things like that, can't & won't happen.

And the selection process in random, you wont be playing with your friends, you'll be playing with 5 other random players, it would be down to luck if you managed to get in with your friends, and even then there are strict rules that say you can't stack the teams, again all that is in the regulations posted a few posts before this.

Aces.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
before i say WOOT LETS DO THIS, ITS ON!!

it may be to late to say this but it has to be said....

your scoring method is very unbalanced in my opinion. as all you rambo people know the enemies will not spawn randomly throughout the level and sometimes the main horde will go after just 1 person. also if ur going for kills most people would go either demo or SS, that would be very uninteresting. you would need to play teams and the team with the most points at the end of the round/time limit wins, this could go across different game matches and scores can be checked via steam client or from the KF server list (not just kills). another way you can do this is a simply vs mode. put friendly fire on and unlimited cash get the wave to spawn and wipe out everything but one. one person allocated will then keep that zed away from everyone else either by welding it somewhere or otherwise. the other players then get their weapons and pick a spot, someone sounds game start and last man standing wins. an even better idea you could have different game modes of vs each round. FFA, just melee, only grenades or just crossbows.

i dont like the sounds of your current scoring system. why would anyone not pick a demo if its kills for score. its unfair for the person killing all the scrakes and FP to get less score than a demo just nuking groups of crawlers.

your scoring system needs to be changed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
before i say WOOT LETS DO THIS, ITS ON!!

it may be to late to say this but it has to be said....

your scoring method is very unbalanced in my opinion. as all you rambo people know the enemies will not spawn randomly throughout the level and sometimes the main horde will go after just 1 person. also if ur going for kills most people would go either demo or SS, that would be very uninteresting. you would need to play teams and the team with the most points at the end of the round/time limit wins, this could go across different game matches and scores can be checked via steam client or from the KF server list (not just kills). another way you can do this is a simply vs mode. put friendly fire on and unlimited cash get the wave to spawn and wipe out everything but one. one person allocated will then keep that zed away from everyone else either by welding it somewhere or otherwise. the other players then get their weapons and pick a spot, someone sounds game start and last man standing wins.

i dont like the sounds of your current scoring system. why would anyone not pick a demo if its kills for score. its unfair for the person killing all the scrakes and FP to get less score than a demo just nuking groups of crawlers.

your scoring system needs to be changed.

So be demo, this is the point of a tournament, i have created rules and methods that are fair, i have then given options to the players, you get 3 chances to make the correct choice, nothing will stop you being a demo perk.

I fail to see where my scoring system fails, 3 chances, 7 perks, you have room to fail, if you go in as medic and get a crud score and the demo guy gets big time, you've got 2 more shots to be demo and get a big time score.

As for scrakes & Fleshpounds, welcome to Killing Floor, you gotta have the skills about you to either avoid them, or kill them on the spot.

Again, the claim that this scoring system fails is without proper evidence, its fair chance through and through, i make it fair to the point you choose your perks, its up to you as the player to take it from there.

Hope that has cleared your worries up, my scoring system does not, and will not, be changed to suit other players needs, it is a fair system.

Blazin

EDIT: just a quick edit here to finish up, if the horde is chasing one player, you chase the horde, its called a tournament, tournaments are designed to pit people against each other for the highest score, that score is earned when the players do their best, taking every chance in the book and being at the heart of the action, you don't wait for them to come to you, you go to them, you want the points to win, you gotta be prepared to do whats necessary to get them.

I hope i haven't come across too harsh there, but i get the feeling that people want this to be a walk in the park, its a tournament, its meant to be a gritty warzone where the fittest survive.

If it was easy, it would be called a public game on any old server.

Aces

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i respect your decision to stick to your rules.

but i still think that a free for all versus would be the better way to go.

nezul out

All taken on board my friend, after this one we'll look into more team based tournaments or a Vs tournament, this one is to get the ball rolling and grow a small base of players for later events.

I am waiting on the Specimin Vs mutator, i think a nice little tournament could be crafted out of that in some way.

No Glory said:
In this said warzone will there be friendly fire enabled?

No friendly fire will not be enabled, i can forsee team killing gone wild :D

Blazin

Upvote 0
All taken on board my friend, after this one we'll look into more team based tournaments or a Vs tournament, this one is to get the ball rolling and grow a small base of players for later events.

I am waiting on the Specimin Vs mutator, i think a nice little tournament could be crafted out of that in some way.

Blazin

sounds good

iv asked skeletons-bone-pile to try out the versus Mut when it comes out, if its a success it will become permanent.

i probably wont join your first tourny, as of my opinion, but im more than interested on those upcoming.

Upvote 0
ok guys just a thought why cant we just use the map kf-survival with teams or solo and time who survives the longest it pretty much solves all of your problems it can be used as a solo see who is the best rambo or teambased to find the best teams at surviving plus the rounds wont take like 45 mins each be like a cupple mins max lmao

just incase you dont know the map its a survival mode no waves no trader you start in a confined area that is like your camping spot with loads of guns armor ammo to choose from you get about 30 seconds to choose and get ready then a non stop incresingly more difficult wave of specimins surround you from every direction and dont stop until you all die and believe me it wont be long either cool music and a great profesional feel to the map aswel the specimins spawn in a really cool way http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor/addons/kf-survival

Last edited:
Upvote 0