• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Classic Weapons

C_Gibby

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
We all know KF is a British-Based game, so why not British-Based weapons?
Here's some pics of weapons I think would be nice. To be honest, I'm feeling a little bit put-off by all of KF's new outlandish weapons. SCAR, M14, AK, Katana are all very out-of-place, IMO. (Katana = not so much, if you look at Mike Noble's backstory. It's things like that that make all the difference)

Well, I guess you can see where each weapon might fit.

bren_l4a4.jpg

9-mm-sub-machine-gun-smg-or-sten-gun.jpg

enfield_jc_1a.jpg

web1.JPG

scythe-large.jpg

Heh, maybe that last one isn't neccessarily British. That SMG would be ideal for a Medic Gun. The big gun (Bren Gun) should belong to commando IMO. Big, heavy, powerful with a ROF slower than the AK. That pistol, I'm suggesting in the case of the Gunslinger perk, previously discussed in the forums.

anyway...

Thoughts? :)

We all know KF is a British-Based game, so why not British-Based weapons?
Here's some pics of weapons I think would be nice. To be honest, I'm feeling a little bit put-off by all of KF's new outlandish weapons. SCAR, M14, AK, Katana are all very out-of-place, IMO.

When I said exactly that before the big weapon updates I was called loopy.

Eww, sporterized enfield. Whatever, it looks like an AIA anyway.

Anyway, I've always been heavily in favour of the Bren gun, so why the hell TWI went with the SUPAR TACTICAL FN SCAR instead of something unique that actually fits the aesthetic of the game is utterly beyond me. Personally, I would've liked to see for the commando:

- the Bullpup bumped up to AK-tier power, recoil, and price.
- Bullpup's place taken by a classy SMG of some sort (Sterling, Sten, Walther MPL)
- Third-tier weapon being the Bren LMG.

However, since it's clear that such weapons are just way too classy and stylish for KF and we'd rather have the FUTURE WEAPONS OF THE FUTURE shoehorned into the game, it looks like my dream is gonna die an early death.

Would be epic to have the Sten gun. Did you know that the stormtrooper's guns in Star Wars was based on the Sten?

It's not a Sten, it's a Sterling.

Upvote 0
so since there aren't many guns in Brittan we need a new perk? A bare knuckle boxer that attacks with round house kicks, DDTs, suplexes, and head butts?
I don't know, the zerker has enough issues

More like a " Nutta' " class that shoots abusive language and throws half full bottles of White Lightning cider. Tier 2 could be a broken chair leg and tier 3, a snooker ball in a sock.
Higher perks get better insults and more drunk.

Play on west London for that true-to-life English experience.

Reactions: Nin
Upvote 0
When I said exactly that before the big weapon updates I was called loopy.

Eww, sporterized enfield. Whatever, it looks like an AIA anyway.

Anyway, I've always been heavily in favour of the Bren gun, so why the hell TWI went with the SUPAR TACTICAL FN SCAR instead of something unique that actually fits the aesthetic of the game is utterly beyond me. Personally, I would've liked to see for the commando:

- the Bullpup bumped up to AK-tier power, recoil, and price.
- Bullpup's place taken by a classy SMG of some sort (Sterling, Sten, Walther MPL)
- Third-tier weapon being the Bren LMG.

However, since it's clear that such weapons are just way too classy and stylish for KF and we'd rather have the FUTURE WEAPONS OF THE FUTURE shoehorned into the game, it looks like my dream is gonna die an early death.

It's not a Sten, it's a Sterling.

This ^

WE NEED A LEE ENFIELD and STEN!

Upvote 0
An Enfield L42A1 enforcer would be a good marksman rifle, they were used by the British military and Police into the 80's as marksman weapons.

I dunno about a Bren though, getting .303 in the UK probably wouldn't be easy these days and the 7.62 NATO ones were never commonplace. It'd make more sense to have an L1A1 or L1A2 as a commando weapon.

Upvote 0