• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New.. and some ?

Hilis Hatki

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 8, 2010
Hi to all,

Just ordered RO: The collectors edition. I know RO is mainly a multiplayer... but due to my dailup connection i'll be playing offline. So how is the offline play? . Yes Ive read about, but is it really that bad. Are the bots good in defence?
I'll try dialup play... who knows may get faster internet someday.

Will I have to do the "steam" thing just to install and play offline.

What is this "steam" ? Will i be able to download the 2 mods on a faster computer and transfer them to mine. Are the mods for single player?
thanks!

Last edited:
The bots are pretty bad... if you play single player, you will prob have the best result picking the commander class so you can order the bots to the same objectives you're going to. Otherwise they aren't -horrible-, but they act as severally-IQ limited players.

As for Dial-Up play, if you can find a server near you, you should be able to play online w/o to much issue at all.

"What is this "steam" ?"
Steam is an online game content distributor and community service (so it handles server browsing, and a buncha other things). I'm surprised you've never heard of it honestly. A Steam account is required to play RO I believe.

As for the Mods, Steam does provide a 'backup' option so you can copy the files toa disk and restore them. I've personally never used it, nor do I know how well it'd work for a RO mod. Worst case, you could just copy the mod's directory from someone that already has it downloaded (using Steam) and put it onto your machine.

Upvote 0