• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

weapon attachments

weapon attachments

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 6, 2009
Why not instead of having more weapons, have weapon attachments were when you buy the gun you can pay an extra fee at the trader to mod/add to the gun.They could also combine perks like so

(Ex. scarmk17 - mk13grenade launcher) commando and demo
(Ex. m79 - incendiary 40mm shells) demo and firebug

I'm not saying all weapons would have perk combines.

(Ex. hunting shotgun - sawed off)
(Ex. m14EBR - ACOG scope)
(Ex. l85(bullpup) - susat(scope)
(Ex. shotgun - slug shell)

*NOTE*if you are going to vote in the poll don't vote "no" because you don't want X attachment vote no if you don't want attachments at all*NOTE*

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully vote on what you think:)

It's a "would be nice" type of thing but the attachments available would have to be limited in power i.e. no M203 (or else there would be tons of nade spam), no laser sight (or else the M14 would be less cool) etc. Balance issues would pretty much limit the attachments to grips and sights/scopes. Even extended mags would be overpowered unless a higher difficulty level were introduced. Too much work to do right, and the Trader menu should be kept as simple as possible.

Upvote 0
i thought the laser addition was a bad move to begin with. i'm just not a fan of weapon attachments. a scope for one or two SS weapons, reddot sight for the bullpup, flashlights on the 9mm and shotgun, those are enough as it is and that's what makes them unique. you start allowing all weapons to have a flashlight, laser, grenade launcher etc..... it takes away from the uniqueness of the weapons that already have them

Upvote 0
Although I see how this could turn into a nightmare of coding and balancing, I have to say yes just because of how much I'd like to see extended mags and the like. It would be very nice if, by the 6th - 7th round you could buy an upgrade to your current main that allows you to actually make it through a wave on suicidal without getting most of your kills with the 9mm.

Upvote 0
Just the other day, I was thinking of something like that.

But instead of buying attachments for your current weapons, I though of a fully-attached weapon, and the attachment you get to use depends on your current perk.

The weapon would look bizarre, but, with correct values, could work.

Then I though no one would buy it, making it an useless addition.

I'd say "yes" to attachments, but it could be dangerous to the fine balance (that suffers from the "Sharpshooter" plague, sadly) the game has.

I won't say "no" either, because that balance can be achieved.

Upvote 0