• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resupply crates/places

Matt Baker

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
As you know there is resupply crates( or many crates together) on most maps. This is where you can get you ammo resupplied. You can only use each crate once in each life. Each crate has something like 70 resupplies, or something. What I would if the crate didn’t give you resupplies, but specific ammo types in numbers, to the number you need.

And if Russians move into German area, with German resupply points, they don’t get resupplied. Because there isn’t Russian ammo there. because of mismatch with caliber weapons
But you should still be able to use anything you can also from enemy

Last edited:
I dont see why it should be only one supply per life. Many a time have I come back to the crates for more panzerfausts (unlucky enough to find any in those boxes by themselves) or in more tactical maps having to lay down a lot of suppressing fire which has made me need to go and get ammo from those large crates in the middle of the map (like in Hedgehog). I dont see what, in real life is stopping a soldier from going up to a whole dump of ammo and getting some more rifle rounds for a second time? I know getting ammo for even the first time is quite rare and only if you're lucky enough to survive but why put this abitrary restriction of not being allowed to go back to get more ammo?

Upvote 0
I don't care if crates have a limit but i dont want that people can just grab everything at a crate. Aka can throw 2 nades fill up throw 2 nades and repeat.

Although I can't remember the exact time limit, there is a limit of time in between resupplies, so while someone may lob two grenades and then pick up two more, they can't pick up another two for some time, or any other ammo for a while.

So if one is daft enough to try and nade spam and resupply their grenades, but then used up all their ammo.... since they resupplied for the two grenades, they now have to wait a period of time before they can get their ammo, thus they can end up screwing themselves.

As a bit of a side note, I have noticed that the nade spamming in Ostfront doesn't happen as bad as it used to in the Mod and in fact is quite rare in my experience.

Frig the spamming in the mod (even when there wasn't resupply) was horrid.... like in the map Kaukasus, back in the mod, the germans head to the Back Route or the Mortar Position, but by the time they got near either, the soviets would usually just unload dozens of grenades and blanket the entire cap zone, killing everyone, then respawning and trying again..... which more often then not, degraded in both teams playing hot potato with grenades for a good long time and then it seems to be all that was done through the rest of the round.

That drove me nutz..... yet as I said, I have yet to experience that in Ostfront, which I find odd, since resupply crates are all over the place.

Upvote 0
There is a time limit in the current maps on the resupply places. The thing is if there is a total limit of ammo and types of ammo you must have any visual reference showcasing wether you need to wait for the limit to go over, or whether its simply out of stock and that could overcomplicate matters.

There is not less nadespam than in the mod its just that grenades do far less damage, in the mod the grenades weren't called mini nukes without a reason.

Upvote 0
.... There is not less nadespam than in the mod its just that grenades do far less damage, in the mod the grenades weren't called mini nukes without a reason.

I still end up getting killed by grenades much the same way as I did in the mod... the only real difference I see in the grenades from the mod is that aiming and throwing is a bit different, but the reduction in damage taken from the grenades imo isn't that big of a difference, as if everybody nade spammed like they did in the mod, the results would be the same.... ie: everybody in the area would be killed or seriously injured and trying to fight with your bullets is pointless against a wall of grenades, thus most end up being compelled to start tossing grenades too, or leave the server.

And besides, having less damage in the grenade power doesn't equal evidence that nobody grenade spams anymore. The way you worded yourself, you make it sound like everybody nade spams just as much as in the mod, just less people are dying in the process...... yet from my experience people in Ostfront use their primary weapons more often then they use their grenades..... I have not yet personally seen most of my team vs. most of their team pinned in one area, tossing grenades at each other for minutes on end, and certainly nothing like what happened in the mod.

Thus, if you are saying less people nade spam in Ostfront because the grenades are weaker, then I would agree in regards to fewer nade spammers (for whatever reason) ~ But if you're claiming the same amount of people are nade spamming just as badly as what happened in the Mod, then I'd have to disagree based on my personal experiences so far.

Upvote 0