• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dog Tag System/Collection

xIRiShxBLeNdx

Feb 3, 2010
i think it would be cool if when you kill or find a dead friendly or enemy soldier, you could collect there dog tag. The dog tag would have there gamertag name on it and maybe a unique symbol or something. Then in the main menu or somewhere, you could look at all the unique dog tags ypu have collected throughout your battles. tell me what ya think:D:D

Actually I think its a pretty good idea. Never thought of this before.
I think just the guys YOU killed should be able to loot.

In your collection you could also have a statisitc how often you killed a guy, and maybe with which weapon and on what map.
You can then compare with your friends that play regulary with you who often you killed them or they killed you. Could be fun. :)

Would be also a very unique feature that could help RO2s popularity.

Is this possible, devs? Official comment?

The problem is: how much filespace will this take after a few months? :D
(maybe you could delete this files after some time and reset them)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually I think its a pretty good idea. Never thought of this before.
I think just the guys YOU killed should be able to loot.

In your collection you could also have a statisitc how often you killed a guy, and maybe with which weapon and on what map.
You can then compare with your friends that play regulary with you who often you killed them or they killed you. Could be fun. :)

Would be also a very unique feature that could help RO2s popularity.

Is this possible, devs? Official comment?

The problem is: how much filespace will this take after a few months? :D
(maybe you could delete this files after some time and reset them)

yes of course yo could delete some of them and keep the ones of your arch nemisis:D

Upvote 0
I honestly do not see the point. Seems like a lot of effort put into something that most people won't care about, or look at it for 5 minutes and then forget about.

But, if many others do like it, then why not.

Better than "upgrades" and "unlockables".

It just better not have an annoying pop up like "achievements" do in those certian games. To view them and whatnot, it should be done in the main menu.

Upvote 0
I honestly do not see the point. Seems like a lot of effort put into something that most people won't care about, or look at it for 5 minutes and then forget about.

But, if many others do like it, then why not.

Better than "upgrades" and "unlockables".

It just better not have an annoying pop up like "achievements" do in those certian games. To view them and whatnot, it should be done in the main menu.

it doesnt have to be an achievement, just a little extra bit of fun

Upvote 0
Actually a great idea. Would be fun teasing your mates with showing them: I got 100 of your tags.
BUT, the problem I see is: If it easily shows me the amounts of kills on players/collected tags it's fine. What about those guys I only meet online once? How does "Roplayer" count?
I don't want to know how many times I've killed "Iamhereonlyonce"... Only my friends... Besides, I don't want to spend time sorting the tags of players I am interested to compare stats with from the once I don't care about.
One could think I am lazy, but besides playing RO/DH/soon HOS, I also have a 2nd life where I go working and have to take care of my soon to be wife. Sorting tags would be somewhere on the bottom of my 'to do list', right before installing MW2 or BC2...

Any suggestions on how to make the tag sorting user friendly?

Cheerz,

Sensemann

Upvote 0
BUT, the problem I see is: If it easily shows me the amounts of kills on players/collected tags it's fine. What about those guys I only meet online once? How does "Roplayer" count?

since i guess TWI will choose the Steamname(SteamID)=PlayerName for ro:hos as they did for KF... the game would than just save SteamIDs and not the actual ingame Name. and when you are looking up your dog tags, the game just checks the name of ID xy and displays it.

this SteamName(SteamID)=PlayerName would make a lot of things easier..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i really dont see why not. it will attract more grinders. which is more people to shoot at.

if they will add searching bodies i guess it wont be hard to add this. but i think this only should be added to single player . And you can see all the trophy’s you have collected trough out your single player campaign play though..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Enemies. Not friendlies.
These enemies could also count as "confirmed dead enemies".
In AAO3 you could confirm enemy dead by applying handcuffs on him.

i guess you mean AA3. And by placing handcuffs on a dead person seems quite stupid. But i think you mean neutralized enemies, which are down and sometimes bleeding out.

And confirming dead enemies, you just press spacebar. And he will say into the radio. Enemy neutralized. And you don

Upvote 0
I was also thinking about automatic shouts. With different voices.
Currenly RO looks like all people are deaf-and-dumb. No emotions when someone is shooting at them. No screams if bullet is hitting legs.. Nothing.
I believe this would add some atmospheric feelings.
But we need really big sound packs or algorithms to change a recorded voice to have this feature realistic.

Upvote 0
i really dont see why not. it will attract more grinders. which is more people to shoot at.

Grinders are also people who are generally not concerned with teamplay and more concerned with pumping up imaginary stats. I really hope RO and the whole stat-tracking, hereos buisness doesn't damage the gameplay too much. Really the collection of dog tags during a battle is a bit over the top and would detract from the experience, at least for me. Like I said you're going to see people messing around trying to snag tags instead of focusing on the battle itself. Not to mention that in many cases, you'll be making kills at 200 yards or so across a battlefield. It works for games like AA3 and CoD and whatnot because those are much smaller maps, and in the case of AA3, focused on small special ops units instead of a raging company-level engagement.

Upvote 0
Grinders are also people who are generally not concerned with teamplay and more concerned with pumping up imaginary stats. I really hope RO and the whole stat-tracking, hereos buisness doesn't damage the gameplay too much. Really the collection of dog tags during a battle is a bit over the top and would detract from the experience, at least for me. Like I said you're going to see people messing around trying to snag tags instead of focusing on the battle itself. Not to mention that in many cases, you'll be making kills at 200 yards or so across a battlefield. It works for games like AA3 and CoD and whatnot because those are much smaller maps, and in the case of AA3, focused on small special ops units instead of a raging company-level engagement.

that was why I wanted this in single player campaign. Which you would have known, if you'd remember my post.

Upvote 0
that was why I wanted this in single player campaign. Which you would have known, if you'd remember my post.

Fair enough but the whole dogtag idea makes even less sense if you're just collecting random tags from AI soldiers. The Devs shouldn't be spending time making a system that's only there for some mindless achievement for the SP campaign.

Upvote 0
Fair enough but the whole dogtag idea makes even less sense if you're just collecting random tags from AI soldiers. The Devs shouldn't be spending time making a system that's only there for some mindless achievement for the SP campaign.

Well it could be fun if you could collect all the names that are mentioned in the credits.

Upvote 0