• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unreasonable omission

Because FF pretty much frowns upon anyone playing firebug, demo, and berserker. Or hell, even anyone that uses grenades.

Explosives are a part of the game whether you like it or not, and high amounts of FF is simply not acceptable to those 3 classes. I noticed in the screenshot that everyone was either SS, support, or commando. Of course none of those 3 classes would have any particular trouble with it.

Tell me how a berserker and demo would get along on a FF server.

Upvote 0
I don't seek out FF games because ppl suck at listening. No matter how many times you communicate a servers FF status when a new person joins, whether through texting or VOIP, they seem to be able to selectively not hear you at all mess things up. Here are my favorite (sarcasm) ff moments.

Someone gets in your way, strafing back and forth in your line of site like a god damned chihuahua till you shoot them (accidentally or on purpose) and then listen to them whine about it (wait a minute how come this person never responded when I said FF was on? I thought this person couldn't read or had no ears or something. But now they are swearing furiously at me...)

This one is a recent new favorite, a medic starts shooting me with mp7 and then healing so he can level up. At first I don't mind you know? We're in between waves so it's all good right? Well then another medic joins in. So I say stop. They do for a second and then apparently forget what I said and start again. To which I say PLEASE stop. They don't listen and both shoot me at the same time killing me moments before the wave starts. Come on are you serious guys? dang

FF with good players=FUN
anyone else...frustration/irritability

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't really like the shared FF idea. The other day I was playing with my brother and I was shooting my SCAR over a stair rail. He was lower past the stair setting pipe bomb, and then wanted to get to safety. He tells me over teamspeak (which has a small delay I have found) as he is crossing in front of me. He dies, but he ain't mad since he knew that was my line of sight, I didn't see hiim coming and he didn't wait on confirmation.

Upvote 0
i do just have one issue with friendly fire......the ability to exploit it to level a perk. FF on means medics can shoot their teammates and heal them just to rank their perk. now, if it was made that any FF damage done SUBTRACTS heal points from the medic leveling, that would not only stop exploitation, but it would also make people pay more attention when playing with FF on. if people know that they'll lose perk leveling for wounding team mates with FF on, they'll be less likely to play stupidly and less likely to purposely exploit.

Upvote 0
FF on means medics can shoot their teammates and heal them just to rank their perk.

I'll always shoot such persons if they refuse to listen after two warnings, but I guess that is influenced by the fact I play only on FF servers where I know the admin more or less.

HaTeMe said:
It works ONLY with a good team, people you know and trust, but if you try that with public nubbies you just end up killed all the time

FF does have its share of issues when it comes to random public players - no doubt about that, but you could put it this way: why people linedance like idiots in front of the gunline? Why people can't move properly, other than in front of the barrel? Why people throw grenades to kill one crawler behind someone when you could shoot it with the handgun? Why people concentrate fire on that one scarke while few clots and crawlers are chewing off someone's feet when he is whacking the scarke with a katana? And especially if the server has 100x FF warnings every nanosecond, why people can't read it?

I guess having some sort of sense to play the game with is forbidden these days, and that alot of players lack reading comprehension.

Upvote 0
I think perhaps increasing levels of FF to match with the difficulty would be a reasonable idea, and perhaps the money leech system works aswell, with an easily accesible setting for the serer.

For greifers and trollers, I noticed no-one has brought up the vote-kick command.

I think it would add realism to the game, as these situations (I have done these I admit) occur:
A) person A is swarmed with clots and nearing dead. Person B sees this and chucks to grenades at A's feet. A lives, all clots dead.
B) everyone (except the demo) stand on a huge pile of the demo's pipes on the final round, waiting for the pat to (hopeuflly) come up and maul them, only to trip the mines.

Upvote 0
Friendly fire works perfectly fine for Left 4 Dead 2

I know in L4D, not necessarily 2 because I wasn't about to buy a game that was the one I was already playing, but had everything they were supposed to eventually put in it for free..but in the original the pipebombs did maybe at most 60/100 health to you if you stood ontop of it.

A pipebomb will kill you in KF. In fact, most weapons will kill you in one shot in hard/suicidal. I've played in FF hard/suicidal before. It's not really much fun getting killed by your teammates at the begining of a round, let alone at all, especially if someone's a nub at SS and spams the sh*t out of your back with an m14. Or any class with any weapon actually.

While I agree, FF to me does make the game more fun, I understand why it's not set as default - you do a lot more damage with your weapons than in L4D. Or at least the first L4D. And you can be incapacitated normally multiple times in L4D. You hit 0 health in KF it's over for the round.

Upvote 0
While I agree, FF to me does make the game more fun, I understand why it's not set as default - you do a lot more damage with your weapons than in L4D. Or at least the first L4D. And you can be incapacitated normally multiple times in L4D. You hit 0 health in KF it's over for the round.

You can scale FF damage in KF from 1% (tickle) to 100% (insta death). L4D is similar. I reckon it's set about 3-5% tops. In fact L4D FF is so low in my view it's pointless. One of the reasons I just cannot play it these days. I like the challenge. There is no reason why default KF cannot at least give you a FF tickle. A bonus would be that it would stop all the door blockers instantly since the rest of the team can turn on them.

Upvote 0