• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Wins Best PC Game of 2009 @ Voodoo Extreme

You have to admit TWI's support for their games is outstanding - even without taking into account how small a studio they are.

Now to your prize...
How many votes did it take to win the award? How many of those were yours? What percentage of the revenue since then was earned because of the advertising the game received by winning the award? How much exactly do you think you should get for your "support"?

And unless you are exaggerating by a few thousand percents, don't you think you already got that from one of the extensive content updates for the 15 dollar game (if you even payed 15 dollars for it, seeing that it was on sale so often)?

I really don't think you are in any position to complain.:p

Upvote 0
You have to admit TWI's support for their games is outstanding - even without taking into account how small a studio they are.

Now to your prize...
How many votes did it take to win the award? How many of those were yours? What percentage of the revenue since then was earned because of the advertising the game received by winning the award? How much exactly do you think you should get for your "support"?

And unless you are exaggerating by a few thousand percents, don't you think you already got that from one of the extensive content updates for the 15 dollar game (if you even payed 15 dollars for it, seeing that it was on sale so often)?

I really don't think you are in any position to complain.:p

Your logic is faulty - even though I did not win them the award single handedly, not a single person who voted would opt not to receive one. 100% of the votes, and therefore 100% of the revenue, is asking for an reward of some sort.

Killing Floor won the award because of the quality of the game and the support that TWI has provided, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be grateful and humble and reward their users like much bigger companies have done when in the same position.

Upvote 0
100% of the votes, and therefore 100% of the revenue, is asking for an reward of some sort.

No, I am not asking for a reward even though I voted on all the posted contest. They have been talking about RO:HOS for a long time and then need to finish it before coming back to work on the gunsling (hint hint) I don't even play RO, but i due repect that TW started with that game and has supported it. I think they may even like the game.

We will get a balance patch soon, and when they expand the content I know that I will not have to pay for new DLC just to keep playing at teh same level as everyone else. So I'll be happy when they get back around to it. I know that most gamers are crappy people who don't have patients, don't appreite what they have, and are greedy SOB that are never statisfied, but we can try to be better

Upvote 0
None of those were free, they're game updates or original content, both of which are covered under the purchase price.

Err, no. "Free" game updates usually mean simple balance tweaks and such. But when it comes to adding new content (weapons, maps, enemies, gamemodes) most companies decide to put them in a DLC and sell for ridiculous prizes. Like once I saw this one DLC which gave you a monster truck for some game which name I cant remember, and it cost around 10 euros. 10 euros for a f*cking 1 item for the game. Thats over half of what KF costs. Also, wasnt there this map pack for MW2 for 15 euros just recently. Not to mention Borderlands and Gearbox who seems to release a new content pack every month and yet again you have to pay for them. Still they fail to fix the issues which has been in the game since the beginning.

So, Id say TW is doing a good job releasing FREE content every now and then. Cause, they could have just stuffed all the tier 3 weapons on a DLC with 10e prize tag, Husk in another and all those free maps.

Upvote 0
Like once I saw this one DLC which gave you a monster truck for some game which name I cant remember, and it cost around 10 euros. 10 euros for a f*cking 1 item for the game.

Was that Just Cause 2? Because I think they've thrown out a couple more vehicles to be bought.

On the subject of outrageous DLC, is anyone else overwhelmed by the amount to DLC for Railworks on Steam, it must cost a f!cking fortune to buy all of that sh!t.

Upvote 0
There's a 3 pound DLC for DiRT 2 which is pretty much just a cheat code, it unlocks all vehicles. And you can unlock them all just by playing through the game.

I think..

They have the same thing for Burnout Paradise, it's sad that companies are going as far as selling you everything in the game so you don't even need to play it. God, video games are going down the gutter :(

Upvote 0
They have the same thing for Burnout Paradise, it's sad that companies are going as far as selling you everything in the game so you don't even need to play it. God, video games are going down the gutter :(

Indeed. But then again, players who would pay to complete the game would do so with cheats anyway (if available). Pointless nevertheless.

Upvote 0