• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Firebug help

Ive had some success in my support, demo, and medic perks in particular lately, but have advanced none in the firebug area. I want to learn to use this perk, and level with it, but if I try to learn to use weapons on the difficulties and modes I'm playing, my entire team would die. And because I have a low perk, I suck at solo with it horribly and die fast. I need to learn how to play as a firebug, and how to get my perk to a level in where its actually good.

Do I have to go all the way back to begginer difficulty, or is there another way?​

I found firebug hard to lvl at first because of the low fire resistance. The way I did it for the first 2 or 3 lvls was to do solo normal long bloated west london. Keep your distance from the bloats as much as possible and just run around the map until they have all spawned. Then you are free to just unload with the flame thrower and back up when need to. After lvl 4 best way to lvl is hard bloated doom2.

Upvote 0
Even if your Firebug perk is at rank 0 there should be no problem with you playing in Normal difficulty, so there's no need to play on beginner :)

With a good team you should be reaching the mid levels quite quickly and it's a lot more fun than solo. Stick with it and it should pay off, especially if TWI give the Firebug a little love in the next update.

I'm levelling up my Firebug perk as well at the moment, maps with small areas and choke points such as Biotics Lab, Offices or Bedlam are great for Firebug damage output, you'll have more opportunity to toast some zeds before the M14EBR claims them all :)

Upvote 0
IMO, firebugs are great for 1 - crowd control without obscuring your team mates' vision too much, and 2 - killing lots of weak specimens that aren't bunched up together. My favorite maps that I'd recommend playing firebug are west london, manor, icebreaker, and wyre.

There's great visibility outdoors in west london and you can easily weaken multiple specimens that are medium to long distance away. Conserve ammo by firing a small burst of fire with a tap of the mouse on low hitpoint things like clots and stalkers. Similarly in manor, the outdoor sections are great for this perk .

If your group is camping at the fireplace next to the gas pipes with the two stairs going up to a balcony, go up to the balcony, face the fire, turn around and you can shoot down at specimens that come up the stairs ahead. You can also try standing on the side of the square part of the balcony and fire down at specimens that are going up the long stairs from directly below, and the ones heading towards the right set of stairs (near the fireplace) on your left.

Firebug is great outdoors on wyre, especially on the roof of the outpost with the trader inside. If you go on the right side (facing towards the spawn location) and sit just on the right side of the main entrance, you can fire at specimens that are coming out of the outpost main entrance directly below you, at specimens coming directly towards you from the forest straight ahead, as well as at specimens coming down the hill on the right, and any that get far enough to reach the crates on your right.

Upvote 0
As long as your squad is all level 4+ and competent then having a low level firebug on hard isn't a huge deal in my experience, although if the **** does hit the fan for whatever reason, you're not going to be much help.

The biggest obstacle as the firebug seems to be higher level combat classes cock-blocking you and gunning down everything you set alight, denying you of valuable damage and money.

Upvote 0
The biggest obstacle as the firebug seems to be higher level combat classes cock-blocking you and gunning down everything you set alight, denying you of valuable damage and money.

I do this. I try not to. I'm sorry.

Too much ADD or itchy trigger finger to let something slowly burn to death while it's head is in my crosshairs. By the same logic I suck at firebug as I lack patience and just firehose them to death.

Upvote 0
Simple, join onto a custom server and play concert hall. Make sure you have some decent teammates to keep you covered. All of you go to the second floor, have your buddies spread out a little but up there. Then drop from the second floor on to one of the two flag poles. All the zombies will mass below you and the flamethrower doesn't have enough kick to knock you off from up there. Of course your limited by position and any of your demo friends will still reap most of the rewards, but at least this way your chances of dying are a lot slimmer, the only thing that can get you up there is the siren scream (Just the edge so kill her quick and heal) and occasionaly a husk gets a lucky shot.

Upvote 0
My suggestion is very simple.

Play close quarter maps with acceptable bottlenecks. Manor, Office, Prison, etc. All the mobs in certain areas funnel without completely trapping you. Firebug can then obliterate the doorway. Don't rely completely on burn down damage...torch them. Weld the door on manor, let them build up, then empty an entire can into them when they break it.

Once you get to level 3 firebug, consider hard servers. It's best if you have a rank 5 or above on other perks for round 1. Swap out on round 2, sell the weapon, buy a Flame Thrower. Specimens have a lot more health on hard. Bloats are great for racking up burn damage. Clots, crawlers, stalkers, and gorefasts at this point shouldn't take more than a few fuel to ignite...then let them burn. Incinerate the gorefast if anyone is in danger in order to prevent hurting your teammates or the inevitable kill steal.

Lastly, be prepared to give ground at all times...and have it to give.

Upvote 0
WALL OF TEXT !!!
hello , if you wanna LEVEL your perk fast , do Defence-b2 BLOAT"ed mutator HARD or Suicidal just camp at upstairs and let them all burn , stocking Flamethrowers may help you , also try to use fire grenades as they can kill Bloats after level 4+, its easy-fast level up if you play constantly , like 10-15 hours , keep doing waves 2-6 and repeat , dont play 7 because of the Fleshpounds that would rip you .

i'll explain why to do some things and the oppost of each.

Solo : heres the key , if you play with all specimens itsnt that good , make your own room with Bloat'ed only and no one will steal your kills or "KS".

defence : this map is big and good to firebugs , just do BLOATED only , Hard or Suicidal depending on your level , burn them in mobs staying at upstairs , sometimes use grenades when level 3+ (fire-grenades) , last tip doom-final 2 isnt good as how defence is , because defence map provides the best mobility-escape map and you can burn the bloats before they reach your floor ! repeat waves 2-6 straight and level 6 will come soon.

PLAY HARD OR SUICIDAL : according to your level its better and more effective when you play at suicidal or hard depending of the level. Bloats on Hard or Suicidal are the best way , and always ALONE(Solo) ! as they have much more HP and that gonna level you really faster than the Easier Ones.

Any Doubt add me on steam "Gamecs2" but identify yourself before.

Hope i helped you

Upvote 0