• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If we ever get to level 10...

C_Gibby

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
People who have reached level 6 find most of KF easy as anything. Sucidal is starting to feel less like a challenge as more people reach level 6. I was thinking something like a new gamemode. "Wave Two" or something. There has already been an idea for Tier 2 ZEDs already, I'm sure. But my point is, when (IF) we get to level 10, Sucidal will be a breeze. The idea of Wave Two is to make KF challenging again, for all the level 10's. For example, when a player gets to level 5, in Wave Two, he mas as well be Level 0. 6=1 7=2 8=3 9=4 10=5. Plus "Wave Two Beginner" "Wave Two normal," and so on. The ZEDs should be harder to beat. Mainly an alteration in stats. Make the Gorefast faster, make him attack faster, have more health and have a bit more damage, to compensate for being a victim to the sheer power of a Level 10 commando's Bren Gun. (Classic weapons, nudge, nudge, ;)) Other things should be changed about the ZEDs. Stats is the easy idea. General health, speed, damage increases, but also a reskin. Keeping old animations, of course. Something along the lines of this:

Clot
Classic look. Maybe a retexturing for skin detail. Make him look rotten. Make him move faster. Let him have a bit more resistance to body-shots.

Gorefast
Red skin. Metal jaw replacement. both arms have sickle-like blades. Faster attack speed, greater damage, "earlier" sprint. More health. Instead of the gurgling sound he makes, replace it with more of a growl.

Crawler
Make it look more horrifying. Change in the face, give it mandibles, maybe. Perhaps spines over the back. Slightly larger jumping distance, as well as health.

Stalker
Faster, more health, more dangerous.

Bloat
Slightly more body health. Make him growl, rather than fart and give him a more bloodythirsty look. Visible teeth, blood-soaked jowls, etc.

Scrake
White apron, more blood, hockey mask, circular saw. Basic stat changes.

Fleshpound
A pair of spiral rock drills, Longer teeth (think Resident Evil nemesis style), a lot more visible metal on the body. basic stat changes. Easier to coax into rage.
Resident%20Evil%203%20-%20Nemesis.jpg

You can see what I mean about the teeth. It looks scarier. Really.

See, it's not like i'm suggesting HUGE changes and totally new game implements. Of course, this will take a LOT of time, but it's nothing like a new specimen, or giving fleshpounds chainguns. Just a recreation of existing models and a few stat changes. No new animations. Changes are more noticeable by the appearance of the ZEDs, and how the heatlh bars of the players seem to be a lot lower than in "Wave One."

The idea of this change is to make the game feel fresh and new and challenging again to people who reach level 6. It'll feel like playing Killing Floor retail when it was brand-new and all your perks were Level 0 again. It's another chance to enjoy the game in full. The Level 6 update has agreeably made Killing Floor so easy to elite players. Make it hard again. It'll feel like Killing Floor 2.

NO
You can't go willy-nilly adding content like this. Think of all the balance that would be required to do make this work. I was against level 6 and am still against all levels to be added. It's hard enough to balance a game for a particular level much less all levels. TWI does not have the resources to work on KF enough for this (much less most of the other ideas) now that HOS is closing in. KF2 is a whole different ball game but this is not a MMORPG and adding HP to specs and giving the player more poweful guns does not get anywhere and only promotes players that play the game too much (and while I may be in that group I still don't like it).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems like it would split the community to much

and im guessing it would take a rediculous amount of time to get level 10

and what about level 1 noobs entering all of these wave 2 servers, or a level 10 completely owning wave 1 suicidal and ruining people's games. It would cause way too many problems.

so...

no.

Upvote 0
okeydoke, just a little suggestion for the far future. Cool it :S. Yeah, KF does have lots of balancing issues as it is. Zerker is underpowered (apparently) and the SS is overpowered. You have to admit, the raw idea of making the game replayable with an expansion is good, surely. But I knew that when I look at this idea, it makes KF seem like it's heading in the direction of L4D.

Upvote 0
Think of all the balance that would be required to do make this work. I was against level 6 and am still against all levels to be added.

I agree that in this case it might cause balance issues. BUT, talking about adding more levels, they could always add new levels but keep the rewards and bonuses minimal. For example, a lvl 7 commando would receive increase in the distance where he can see enemy health and stealthed stalkers from, but not bonus in damage or weapon discounts etc.. Perhaps add some new cool feature for it (like the compass suggested before) but nothing gamebreaking. A lvl 7 firebug could easilly be rewarded with bigger canisters and more ammo in general, since it greatly lacks in fuel/ammo anyway atm.

A level 7 sharpshooter could get a decrease in M14 ammo capasity xD

Upvote 0
this thread smells awfully similar to the tier 2 zeds thread i made.

i think level 10 will probably happen, what else could TWI do? its very hard to add anything else to the game because of the balance issues it would cause. so assuming level 10 wont happen, new zeds wont happen and new weapons wont happen, could TWI start working in team with some community projects such as fels mission maps or the vs mut that was near complete.

these would add more difficulty and gameplay without shifting the balance of the game.

Upvote 0
this thread smells awfully similar to the tier 2 zeds thread i made.

i think level 10 will probably happen, what else could TWI do? its very hard to add anything else to the game because of the balance issues it would cause. so assuming level 10 wont happen, new zeds wont happen and new weapons wont happen, could TWI start working in team with some community projects such as fels mission maps or the vs mut that was near complete.

these would add more difficulty and gameplay without shifting the balance of the game.

I thought that was what the mod community was for.

Upvote 0