• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vector based aiming mutator

I think he means in RO when your gun moves about in relation to the screen and doesn't just sit in the middle.

oh, where its really vague? ive never heard of vector based aiming but i think this is what it means?? :

-in kf we dont need to have iron sights up to know how to headshot a specimen from hipfire.

-in ro hipfiring is a challenge because it feels so random at times unless you have a PPSH41 and just mowing suckaz down.

i dont think this vector based aiming thing wuold work well with kf. kf is a very fast paced game, and although this would be neat/fun it would also be very annoying. but it works so well in RO because its more slower paced, and realism.

Upvote 0
it is challenging, but once you are able to line sight your rifle from the hip its so much fun just running around like rambo. for practice try the rifle/bayo only map (i think its called fullmj.rom)
yes, in kf you get used to putting everything in the middle of the screen, so why not try the ro aim (its not completely free aim, buy the game, try it out, you'll see) to give it some more challenge? plus it'll make fraps look so much cooler.

Upvote 0
it is challenging, but once you are able to line sight your rifle from the hip its so much fun just running around like rambo. for practice try the rifle/bayo only map (i think its called fullmj.rom)
yes, in kf you get used to putting everything in the middle of the screen, so why not try the ro aim (its not completely free aim, buy the game, try it out, you'll see) to give it some more challenge? plus it'll make fraps look so much cooler.
yes i tried it RO
but im saying I want to try freeaim in KF

Upvote 0
Oh it thought when kf mod team became part of tripwire and made the "commercial kf" they used ro?
i know ro and kf are both unreal mods
but wasn't ro more developed because it was an already released commercial game ... ( before commercial kf was made )

KF had its own coding etc etc etc before TWI ever thought of touching KF. when TWI bought KF, they didnt have to use coding from RO, but they did have to fix some of the bugs and messes in the coding (coding for KF mod was done by a few people, some good, some great, some bad)

also, KF mod team didnt really become a part of TWI. but since Alex made the maps and alot of the content he helped TWI with getting KF into shape. Zynthetic (the music guy) touched up some of his old music tracks from the mod. i think they were the only 2 who worked with TWI because around the time the mod was slowly dying - people were leaving, Alex had a harddrive crash, etc etc.. there was one final patch planned for KF mod: 2.51, it included the patriarch - which we now see in retail but with a few changes.

now i believe KF is being handled exclusively by TWI, but they did pay Alex to make a new map: KF-Wyre. anyways, yes, RO was in better shape because it was handled by a full team of very experienced people, but KF and RO are both seperate games with their own unique coding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NO :D

KF is RO. Their coding isn't seperate, KF code is built under RO code, meaning it is a child of RO codewise. It is RO engine.

TWI team is as small as KF mod's team that made KF1.0.

Only coder I know of theirs is Ramm and some other guy from the comments.
RO is Unreal tournament 2004 +2.5
So is KF. Of course they will share code, but they're not the same game.
And its not RO engine, its UNREAL engine. Big difference.

Upvote 0