• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How about a Female character model?

I guess I can understand some people wanting a female character. But I don't think it really matters considering all you see is their forearms and gloves anyways. Just pretend its a female. And as pointed out above you'd need female voices linked up to the female character. This seems like a lot of work for an otherwise unimportant factor. If the game were 3rd person I could see the gripe but its not.

Let's assume there are 10 things that need fixed in KF...this would be number 25 or 30.

Upvote 0
Will be too much unnecessary work for TWI having to make new voices for female models and such. But if theyd have some free time in their hands then why not, but I doubt.

And Tom -_____________-

To be fair the Nightfall and Outbreak Charatcer pakcs were unnecessary and alot of work, if they do another char pack this should definately be it. Even if (at least for now) they had limited voice commands and stole some of the traders lines :)

Upvote 0
To be fair the Nightfall and Outbreak Character packs were unnecessary and a lot of work, if they do another char pack this should definitely be it. Even if (at least for now) they had limited voice commands and stole some of the traders lines :)
I might disagree with you slightly. They were worth more to TWI than most updates since there was actually income for much more slight investment of TWI's part. While you can't guess the number of player that purchased kf because of the large DLC, it is likely that the character packs made more revenue. But as to the additional cost of producing a model and additional voice acting, to ask for money would likely cause people to complain that they are paying for something that should be in the game already.

To this end I would ask players to be understanding and not worry about not having a female character. You can't see anything besides your hands and it isn't stopping you from having fun. Heck, many games don't even give you the option of different characters.

Upvote 0
I might disagree with you slightly. They were worth more to TWI than most updates since there was actually income for much more slight investment of TWI's part. While you can't guess the number of player that purchased kf because of the large DLC, it is likely that the character packs made more revenue. But as to the additional cost of producing a model and additional voice acting, to ask for money would likely cause people to complain that they are paying for something that should be in the game already.

To this end I would ask players to be understanding and not worry about not having a female character. You can't see anything besides your hands and it isn't stopping you from having fun. Heck, many games don't even give you the option of different characters.

Your probably right to be fair. I'll be the first to admit I have no idea of the scale of work required or manufacture cost for these things, I figured it would be the same the scale of work as the other models since hit boxes would still be the same. Obviously the models have always had to be altered to fit the new skin properly, e.g. Mr Foster looks totally different in size to say Gary Glover.

The cost of the voice actor is the only thing that stands out to me... but as I say, I have no scope of how hard this kinda stuff is to actually do, so my presumptions are probably all for naught :p

On regards to potential sales of the character pack, I myself and my 2 sisters are 3 names that would be down on the list were it to be added :)

Upvote 0
A MUST, BUT there is one problem. It's not a huge problem, but you can't expect any female DLC until TWI does one thing...

Hire female voice actors and sync up the voice with only female skins.

Without that, you'd have female characters with men voices.
Exactly. Even after that, they might cost more? MIGHT. I'm not sure TWI are evil enough to do that yet.

Upvote 0
women are to emotional fragile? is that why they aint allowed in the army,o i forgot they are.

i dont think realisticly there is not a more scary and powerful creature than a pissed of mom who has lost their baby daughter. i think a female character with that background would be a powerful ally

Last edited:
Upvote 0
women are to emotional fragile? is that why they aint allowed in the army,o i forgot they are.

i dont think realisticly there is a more scary and powerful creature than a pissed of mom who has lost their baby daughter. i think a female character with that background would be a powerful ally

Gotta admit a maternally outraged gorilla could be a useful ally when it comes down to the final scrap :p

Upvote 0
topic been done to death, please use search.

Anyway, its likely that the reason female model hasnt been added yet is probably due to the extra complexity of having duplicates of all voice chat. And I don't mean the small inconvinience of bringing in a woman to record the lines, I mean that currently the game doesn't need to know anything about a player to play the voice files. The extra spanner in the works would likely require them to rethink a lot of code. Hence, we should just be grateful if we can atleast get balacne/bug fixes this late in the day.

Also, where does it end, will we next need characters of different nationalities to cater for the players behind them, or children or old people, whatever. The point of the internet is anonymity, not "im a girl so I let everyone know so they will white-knight me away from gorefasts and give me money between rounds".

Upvote 0
Anyway, its likely that the reason female model hasnt been added yet is probably due to the extra complexity of having duplicates of all voice chat. And I don't mean the small inconvinience of bringing in a woman to record the lines, I mean that currently the game doesn't need to know anything about a player to play the voice files. The extra spanner in the works would likely require them to rethink a lot of code. Hence, we should just be grateful if we can atleast get balacne/bug fixes this late in the day.
That isn't actually true. I don't think anyone is suggesting a player-determined "gender" variable or anything, but your choice of model already does determine which voice set your character uses - there are two quite different male voice sets as it is.

Also, where does it end, will we next need characters of different nationalities to cater for the players behind them, or children or old people, whatever.
Not really. They can if they want to, I suppose, but I doubt most people care; gender is generally a much more significant factor for personal identity than race.

The point of the internet is anonymity, not "im a girl so I let everyone know so they will white-knight me away from gorefasts and give me money between rounds".
Some female players already do that, while others find it quite distasteful. Female character models wouldn't make a difference to that.

Upvote 0