• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

The PC beta starts on 28th for everybody :eek:

On play.com it says early beta acces. Get early beta code two days earlier than the actual beta date.

• Pre-Order from Play.com and receive a code to access the PC BETA before anyone else! The BETA is due to start on the 28th January 2010. Codes and instructions on how to access the BETA early will be emailed two days prior to the start of the BETA.
That's how I understand it. Beta starts 28th and they give codes two days before it. Or does it just mean we get to download it and then "early" means just couple of hours before anyone else(while they download)? That's bull...

I'm confused :confused:.

Upvote 0
On play.com it says early beta acces. Get early beta code two days earlier than the actual beta date.

• Pre-Order from Play.com and receive a code to access the PC BETA before anyone else! The BETA is due to start on the 28th January 2010. Codes and instructions on how to access the BETA early will be emailed two days prior to the start of the BETA.
That's how I understand it. Beta starts 28th and they give codes two days before it. Or does it just mean we get to download it and then "early" means just couple of hours before anyone else(while they download)? That's bull...

I think they'll give you the codes to download beta 2 days before, and you'll be able to preload so you can play as soon as the beta starts on 28th.

Upvote 0
Found some news about hardcore mode:

What’s this Hardcore mode all about, then?
For Hardcore mode, it’ll apply to all four game modes, and it’ll be no kill-cam, friendly fire is on so you can kill your own team-mate accidentally or intentionally, much more realistic damage from weapons… Basically everything will feel much more realistic and it’s focused on those intense moments; it’s going to be do or die and you’ve really got to be on your toes. There’ll also be a huge reduction in the HUD elements, so no crosshair, so if you want to aim and hopefully you’re not screen dotting, it’ll be really important to use the iron sights. Guys aren’t going to be shooting from the hip; you just can’t in reality. It’s to make it feel like a much more realistic version of Battlefield. We know there’s a group out there, and they may not be biggest but there are guys who want to experience that type of gameplay, especially from a game like Battlefield where you can have vehicles. Of course, when you do get in a vehicle, all those crosshairs and visual data is built into the game and it’s modelled from reality, just like the guns, so when you bring it up to your eye that’s what you see, and it’s the same in the vehicles. We’re not going to take away things that would make sense in the real world – I guess would be the better way to describe it. There’s nothing that would break that immersion in reality, no enemy icons, no mini-map, and this will also be a ranked game mode.

http://www.x360magazine.com/games/battlefield-bad-company-2-exclusive-interview/

Upvote 0

Hang on so EVERYONE (even those who don't pre-order) get to play on the 28th? Am I understanding this correctly? If so :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Doesnt seem that bad to me, 10 activations is loads and as long as the deactivations is as simple as uninstalling it could be a lot worse. Disc check is normal and secuROM isnt really a problem as long as it doesnt have the 'you must verify online each time you load the game' crap. I wonder how the steam version will compare...

Anyway yeah beta out at 6pm CET tomorrow, and for anyone with steam pre order it should just appear on your uninstalled games list :)

EDIT: I would prefer no activation limit and no additional DRM stuff, but if it does stop a few would be pirates without disrupting legal users I'm all for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0