• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lack of Publicity...

Finally someone with some sense. You have hit the nail on the head. I'm not tying to rationalize anything. You've hit every aspect exactly how I'd put it. Finally someone who can understand it to a T... With the proper publicity the game will rule and those of us that know the game already will reap the benefits of those just starting out. All I can say is I hope RO2 will be half as good as RO was. Time will tell...

Upvote 0
The first priority really is to demonstrate how awesome HoS is, and this is probably what TWI is holding off on. They want the game to be awesome before they show anyway, then I suspect the news will break and we will be flooded with the stuff. For example, when they released the level up pack for Killing Floor, they didn't murmur a peep until they had the entire feature list ready and they were prepared to show IGN the entire content pack so they could get people hyped (and they were).

However, TWI needs to understand the people on this forum already know about the title and just need something to look at to bait our interest for the next few months before any kind of story hits.

BTW, yes, "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" is an atrocious song. That was, however, some excellent Kar98 footage.

Well that's what I was kinda touching on when I was talking about preparing new content to show.

It's possible that they have people working on various aspects of the game, but not necessarily in sync with each other. Sure they could have plenty of things that are new and interesting, but those things may not be immediately visible to people in simple screenshots, or even videos. And that's assuming there's enough new and "visible" content to show in the first place. Yeah those lines of code that tell the friendly AI to shoot what you tell them to is great, but alone it isn't really something you can spend time making a promo video with.

I'm really just saying there may be a great deal of things being worked on in RO:HOS that are either unrelated to eachother (which would create more stress on the developers to combine with other content for demonstration purposes) or there just plain isn't any way to present that new content, financially or otherwise.

Upvote 0
Finally someone with some sense.

Well thank you for insulting me, by saying that i'm not speaking sense. Its just rather normal for companies to build up the hype primarily in the last few months. With only giving out 1 or 2 trailers before. RO:HoS if releasing in Q4 is nearly a full year ahead from now, if everything is told now then there would be no more information to give out later on and that would cost rohos sales.

They will probably show new info in a while, but they won't just upload a picture of every wip static mesh, and talk about every single thing they implement. People should primarily be hyped for the game when they can nearly buy it.

They cannot make a video just every week or so, its quite likely that new info will be send out around the GDC. And then maybe 3 months later another thing etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Never used a joystick. Mouse and one finger for walking, switching weapons, firing, and iron sites. Thumb for reload and use. Keyboard left, right arrows for strafe and down arrow for jump and right ctrl for crouch 0 numpad for prone and right shift for run. That's the only things I use.

Even at my age though you still have a tendency to play with your joystick so whatever your parents told you it's not true, you won't go blind... :p

Upvote 0
Besides HoS what other ww2 fps is coming out in 2010? I was thinking what is the competition to HoS if any?

who knows.......maybe we'll get CoD:SomeRandomTheaterOfWWII scheduled for release in May. even over the years when "big" titles were released, you'd see a lot of RO players go check em out for a couple weeks, but eventually they always come back to RO. considering how long people have anticipated the new game, i doubt any long time player will play another game once HOS is released.

Upvote 0
MW2 spent more money on advertisements than game development.
Game development was about 50 million, advertisements were 200 million. Both completely out of range for a company like twi. (beside ROHOS will be pc only or atleast initially).

If RO:HOS is a success and really gets acknowledged by a big audience rather than nich

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We added this banner to our website..Every little helps right?
Feel free to use it if you wish.

ROHoS-TWI-banner.png

Upvote 0