• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Fall of Brittania?

What would really happen if specimens swept across Britain?
If youve already seen a similar thread......
Really, I would normally be leaving this alone, but my last thread on this just died prematurely before I could get my "KF map of Britain" thing emailed to me, and I didnt go so much into the setting.

I will not go into my full plot unless I get enough support to post it again.

Anyways.....

This is my thought: If the British goverment could not control the initial outbreak, let most of their capital city fall, have gone under blockade by the United Nations(?), and have allowed the specimens to spread into their rural landscape and suppy areas, then what would stop Britain as a whole from falling under specimen control. The British goverment would also inevitably go to either 1 of 3 places: Wales, Scotland, or attempt to boat their way to Ireland. I personally though that moving the capital to Edinburgh, totally evacuating Britain, and setting up WWI-type lines protecting Wales and Scotland using natural geography would be an appropriate choice.

Also, although I will refrain from going totally in depth into my idea of the plotline, but I will once again point out that there is a train tunnel underneath the British Channel called the Eurotrain. Food for thought.

Heres my idea of what the borders would look like, using this rudimentary, but effective, map.
Blue=Specimen control zone
Red=British goverment or allied
Green=blockading nations
Black line=eurotrain tunnel
(CHECK ATTACHMENTS)

Please, comment, critique, or add your own ideas

Attachments

• Map of Britain.jpg
    Map of Britain.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Which is why the Horzine needs expansion

Which is why the Horzine needs expansion

Really, I wondered the same thing until I came to an unlikely conclusion: That the specimens are likely "trained" by the patriarch (aka Kevin Clamely), to feed raw rescource into machinery that would use said rescources to feed the biotics labs. Now, this is a method which would drain natural rescources fast, and requires expansion, not just into the rest of the United Kingdoms, but into the rest of Europe as well (which would make the Eurotrain or a Horzine fleet both ver tempting ideas for Kevn Clamely, if he would want to continue producing "children").

Upvote 0
What would really happen if specimens swept across Britain?

Please, comment, critique, or add your own ideas
I think they'd try to form a cordon around London, or at least as close to London as possible and use the RAF to 'disperse' concentrations of specs. At the least, they'd form a line using the Pennines. That way, there would be land transport between the various parts of the Celtic fringe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah. kinda forgot

Yeah. kinda forgot

LOL...wow...i just busted out laughing at work. Yea either stand on top of a door or the roof of a barn.

I'm curious as to why this wasn't posted in the general discussion section as it is neither an idea or suggestion for KF?!?!

I realize that now, which is why I'm taking this to general discussion my friend

Upvote 0
Really, I wondered the same thing until I came to an unlikely conclusion: That the specimens are likely "trained" by the patriarch (aka Kevin Clamely), to feed raw rescource into machinery that would use said rescources to feed the biotics labs. Now, this is a method which would drain natural rescources fast, and requires expansion, not just into the rest of the United Kingdoms, but into the rest of Europe as well (which would make the Eurotrain or a Horzine fleet both ver tempting ideas for Kevin Clamely, if he would want to continue producing "children").
If the french army greets the specimen at end of the Eurotrain tunnel, that would be a massacre to French army. When they see the chainsaws and glowing cores... Well I can imagine the french officer be like: "Le fu..."
Air is filled with "sacrebleu!" screams. After 10 minutes of battle, the french army is slaughtered by 20 clots. (Only one clot died, because he was cheating Fleshpound at Texas hold 'em.) Then they invaded the Italy and even the pope wasn't safe at his glass box. Then the fierce battles started at rest of the Europe. Every human death increased the amount of specimen. Kevin made a new lab at french, so now the specimens were closer to the battle zones. The Europe is worlds only hope. If the specimen can kill everyone on there, then they have so much biomass that they can go to Russia, then go to China and then they have to learn swim or fly airplanes.

Upvote 0
Yeah, and with China, it would be bad

Yeah, and with China, it would be bad

If the french army greets the specimen at end of the Eurotrain tunnel, that would be a massacre to French army. When they see the chainsaws and glowing cores... Well I can imagine the french officer be like: "Le fu..."
Air is filled with "sacrebleu!" screams. After 10 minutes of battle, the french army is slaughtered by 20 clots. (Only one clot died, because he was cheating Fleshpound at Texas hold 'em.) Then they invaded the Italy and even the pope wasn't safe at his glass box. Then the fierce battles started at rest of the Europe. Every human death increased the amount of specimen. Kevin made a new lab at french, so now the specimens were closer to the battle zones. The Europe is worlds only hope. If the specimen can kill everyone on there, then they have so much biomass that they can go to Russia, then go to China and then they have to learn swim or fly airplanes.

Just think of the billion people in China, they would have so much biomass..... the specimens could all just make a bridge of live specimens to walk over the Atlantic with.;)

However, Africa, qith it's malaria, Kenyans, AIDS, and hippos would be a disaster for the specimens.;)

And antarctica would be unbeatable due to it's vast unstoppable penguin army;)

Upvote 0
Just think of the billion people in China, they would have so much biomass..... the specimens could all just make a bridge of live specimens to walk over the Atlantic with.;)

However, Africa, qith it's malaria, Kenyans, AIDS, and hippos would be a disaster for the specimens.;)

And antarctica would be unbeatable due to it's vast unstoppable penguin army;)

Stop winking at me. lol

Upvote 0
I know, right

I know, right

Isn't it wierd how the General Discussion version of this thread became an orgy of countries insulting each other, whilst this one has become a serious descussion?

Yeah, I noticed that. Even the VP of TWI was there, insulting Scotland, France, and Belgium.....

So lets try to keep this version alive so that it can remain semi-serious.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I noticed that. Even the VP of TWI was there, insulting Scotland, France, and Belgium.....

So lets try to keep this version alive so that it can remain semi-serious.

The other thread was actually pretty funny. It wasn't just people insulting other countries they were also insulting their own. It was all in good fun.

Give the whole ficticious nature of this I'm not sure how it can really be kept serious to any degree.

Upvote 0