• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

No, I think they won't allow you to host a server or make non-ranked server. You can still rent your own ranked servers.

I don't understand whats the crying about that. No one played on non-ranked servers in BF2 or BF2142. And theres no point to even allow you to host your own crappy servers from your computer because there won't be mods tools(testing maps is the only reason I can think for that server).

Clans will have to pay for renting server from EA/Dice cos they cannot setup server at own machine. Retarded.

Also there wont be battlerecorder, no demos, ugly clangaming.

No mods... yea bcos we can pay for mods/maps from EA/DICE.

Upvote 0
Clans run public servers on their home connections? Retarded.

Clans quite often own dedicated servers, or colocate servers in server housings. Exactly the same thing as server hosting companies do for example.

Things like this stop small hosting companies and clans to host their own server, all probably to stop cracked servers from appearing.

However if the serverfiles are secret or whatever, then that usually means you get no ftp service to the servers meaning custom maps and mods are impossible.

------

All in all its nothing that bad, if they wouldnt have pretended to be the saviors of PC gaming when MW2 came out which ****ed PC gamers over. Now this is still a step back from what players generally expected from Dice, and especially after the sweet talk to pc gamers feels like simply ****ing over pc gamers yet again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Clans quite often own dedicated servers, or colocate servers in server housings. Exactly the same thing as server hosting companies do for example.

Things like this stop small hosting companies and clans to host their own server, all probably to stop cracked servers from appearing.

However if the serverfiles are secret or whatever, then that usually means you get no ftp service to the servers meaning custom maps and mods are impossible.

------

All in all its nothing that bad, if they wouldnt have pretended to be the saviors of PC gaming when MW2 came out which ****ed PC gamers over. Now this is still a step back from what players generally expected from Dice, and especially after the sweet talk to pc gamers feels like simply ****ing over pc gamers yet again.

It's the same thing as with BF 2, except that this time all servers are ranked.

Upvote 0
This would look really good to me if you know, Dice didn't ****ing suck.

Bastards ruined Battlefield Heroes. I don't trust them enough to not screw me again after I've spent money on this.
"Ruined Battlefield Heroes"

How the hell could they "ruin" it when it was THEIR game to start with? Just because you don't like BFH doesn't mean it's bad for everyone. Honestly, at least know what you're saying before you hit submit, please.

I also love the fact that you're so afraid of them screwing you over that you've apparently forgotten about how great the other games in the BF series have been that weren't free to play games. But no, the company "sucks" because they made one game, a FREE game, that you don't like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's the same thing as with BF 2, except that this time all servers are ranked.

Aye but for clanmatches you dont need or often don't even want a ranked server ;) (beside i was never a fun of their ranked server practise to begin with). Its a good game and it has the minimal features that you need for a pc game. But its just that they tried to profile themselves and this game as a true pc game during the MW2 fiasco which feels a bit odd.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really hope this game is going to be good, with it being a multi platform release i am sceptical.

Beta is the 28th so i will be hammering youtube for beta videos.

Rak: Is there regenerating health in this game? I have seen medic packs being thrown around which would lead me to believe otherwise.

As far as I remember from PS3 beta, health doesn't regenerate until a medic patches you up.

I really hope DICE doesn't screw up the PC version. I noticed all the promo they did use the Xbox graphics. Lack of PC media makes me sceptical :S

Last edited:
Upvote 0