• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ghost patches

yesterday movement speed was very different, like reload speed was FAST, the zombies were FAST, player speed was FAST.

then 2 days before that, there were bugs with using the medic syringe, i would press Q, heal myself, and try to take out my AK47 but it would take about 15 seconds (seriously) to respond.

my friend was having the same problem, and he said it was TWI releasing bad ghost patches, i stood up for TWI and told him hes wrong, we ended up getting in a big fight over it. him saying its ghost patches, me saying TWI wouldnt do something like that.

but now its to the point where im starting to think that there is a chance that TWI is trying out these patches on us. like Kevin and his cloned specimens or something.

i dont want to be your experiment!!!

Stop smoking crack. Serioulsy. Nothing has changed. :)

Upvote 0
I get this on many games on Steam, it just pops up and says 'Steam has finished downloading so and so' then I check the updates news and zilch.

my killing floor sdk was updated a few days ago.....

btw i found that there are new files in the kfmod sdk folder.
These files are:
zombieFleshPoundBase.uc
ZombieHuskBase.uc
ZombieClotBase.uc
ZombieCrawlerBase.uc
ZombieBloatBase.uc

and a few more related with zombies stuff.

The file's creation date is 2010-01-13

Upvote 0
Stop smoking crack. Serioulsy. Nothing has changed. :)

then how do you explain stuff like this when its happening to more than just myself? like the medic syringe is a perfect example, you would heal yourself, and then when you go to pull your weapon back out it would take 15 seconds to respond. not just now and then but EVERYTIME you heal, on EVERY server, on EVERY map. and then you mention it to your friend and hes like, "yeh i had the same thing happening to me today when we were playing"

what im trying to say is, i spend alot of time with the game and i notice when weird things happen.

Upvote 0
my killing floor sdk was updated a few days ago.....

btw i found that there are new files in the kfmod sdk folder.
These files are:
zombieFleshPoundBase.uc
ZombieHuskBase.uc
ZombieClotBase.uc
ZombieCrawlerBase.uc
ZombieBloatBase.uc

and a few more related with zombies stuff.

The file's creation date is 2010-01-13

like schneidzekk said, "nothing has changed" so you must be on crack imagining these new files lol.

Upvote 0
Correct, nothing has changed, that is just the latest uc files that people complained were missing. Nothing about the game has changed, we haven't done an update to the build. Schniedzekk might not have known Xienen was going to add those file to the SDK download.

ok thats cool then, thank you yoshiro. i feel better now, but my friend probably feels like a d-bag for blaming it on you guys, and in a way i feel partly bad for believing him. you can close this thread man, thank you again.

Upvote 0
ok thats cool then, thank you yoshiro. i feel better now, but my friend probably feels like a d-bag for blaming it on you guys, and in a way i feel partly bad for believing him. you can close this thread man, thank you again.

well I wasn't on crack after all =P
But if you were too sure something was wrong with the syringe..... and now taking out what you said...
I do not understand ppl lol
In any case... close this post...nothing interesting here...

Upvote 0
well I wasn't on crack after all =P
But if you were too sure something was wrong with the syringe..... and now taking out what you said...
I do not understand ppl lol
In any case... close this post...nothing interesting here...

something was wrong with the syringe but if theyre saying they didnt add any ghost patch then it had to be a bug in the system. heres exactly what happened:

id press Q to do a quick heal on myself, then i would press 1, 2, or 3 to pull out my knife, pistol, or AK47.. but there would be a brief pause/freeze for about 15 seconds, THEN it would respond and pull out the gun. this happened for the entire day, on any map, on any server. my friend was having the same problem.

then the next day we had this thing where EVERYTHING in the game would suddenly speed up. there were 4 other players in there with us and 2 of them were having the same problem. so thats a total of 4 players having the same thing happen. by speed up i mean everything would, the reload, the walk speed, the zombies, the animations, everything.

stuff like this doesnt happen for no reason, everything is explainable on a computer. but for the only thing i can think of is either a random bug or possibly a ghost patch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
id press Q to do a quick heal on myself, then i would press 1, 2, or 3 to pull out my knife, pistol, or AK47.. but there would be a brief pause/freeze for about 15 seconds, THEN it would respond and pull out the gun. this happened for the entire day, on any map, on any server. my friend was having the same problem.

I keep having that once in a while if I try to switch things too fast. First time encountered somewhere in late November 2009 so sudden ninjapatch lately would be unlikely cause of it.

Upvote 0
Correct, nothing has changed, that is just the latest uc files that people complained were missing. Nothing about the game has changed, we haven't done an update to the build. Schniedzekk might not have known Xienen was going to add those file to the SDK download.

Then how do you explain the fact that my computer exploded huh??? I was playing KF and everything was going fine but then my PC erupted in flames!!! All I was doing was playing KF and pouring soda into my desktop's case!!!

W T F

Upvote 0