• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Cannot build 2 cubes in unrealEd

Hey guys,

i recently downloaded UnrealEd, in the hope of making some custom maps. But I've been getting annoyed due to a (probably simple) error.

I can make 1 cube.
Dimentions: 256 X 512 X 512

I can't make a second cube to make a second room. I click the build button, but nothing happens.
What do I do?

personally I recommend this series of video tutes:
YouTube - UnrealED 3.0 Official Tutorial [LD1:LD101:Intro:p1]
the link is: youtube.com/watch?v=wf0rf6N0vZ4
Just look at author's playlist for the next tute and the next and so on.

It is done by two guys with one of them chirping in commentary style which makes it interesting unlike most monotone-nerd-talking tutes. The first one claims that they will teach you how to do this awesome massive map which is a bit overwhelming at first. Pay no attention to that as they totally fail to make good on that promise. What they do get around to doing in short order though, is telling you how to use the Editor, how to make halls and rooms, how to do lighting, texturing, meshes, pathing, zoning and so on. I didn't get through all tutorials because they eventually get into concepts that I just didn't need to know for my maps.

However those tutorials are intended for Unreal Tournament so you still need to learn a few Killing Floor specific things. Google 'sandcrawler killing floor' for that, plus the guidelines written by Tripwire are good to keep close as a reference.

We probably should have had a sticky with all confirmed good tutes on it, probably a bit late now but you can search the forum to see other tutes people have recommended over the last year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0