• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
101001.jpg

You are now imagining Saddam Hussein reloading his gold AK-47 while yelling in a thick middle eastern accent: "Wait up! New mag in"

Upvote 0
I think I would have an aneurysm from pure, unbridled rage if this were added to the game.

Why?

So long as it is superficial and doesn't affect the weapon itself, it shouldn't be that huge of the deal.

The human characters in KF are, at best, soldiers and at worst mercenaries, thrill seekers, or sociopaths. Well-respected commanders have carried strange, austere, or heavily-decorated weapons into battle. For instance, in World War 2 it was considered a point of prestige to have a Colt Single Action Army pistol as a sidearm. (Typically, these were from the late 1800s and rather difficult to come across at the time.) Commanders today may adorn their sidearms with ivory grips.

As for the common soldier, it's much more likely to see a M4A1 with 20 attachments held together by duct-tape and hope. What's wrong with having a little style?

Upvote 0
Why?

So long as it is superficial and doesn't affect the weapon itself, it shouldn't be that huge of the deal.

I'm assuming his quote was more "CoD sucks!" than anything else.

Perhaps, instead of tying these to rank 6 (which already provides lots of nice boosts), why not make alternate weapons skins the reward for higher levels? Being able to progress past rank 6 would be fun, and if higher perk ranks granted extra weapon skins instead of gameplay benefits, it would still be balanced.

...or weapon skins could be a future DLC idea?

Upvote 0
Me too -_-

You reach level 6 and suddenly you are King Midas, and everything you touch turns gold! Tap a fleshpound on forehead and TADA! you have a golden statue of a raging fleshpound.

I believe he was talking about the Saddam Hussein skin... Maybe not, dunno D:

But... I'd love to see not golden guns, but metallic red ones. Or blue. Or random. That'd be awesome :3

Upvote 0