• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Dragon Age: Origins

Yesterday that Finnish EA store was acting crazy as well. You could get a "promotion" Medal of Honor: Airborne for free if you "buy" a free game like Battleforge from their store as well. That store just keeps giving :D

By the way I'm really enjoying this game. The storytelling is good and immersive that I just don't want it to end :(

Upvote 0
And about the DLC, thats a really weird thing to say? you can do the DLC missions whenever you want..
Oh the English language... confusing as it is useful. I guess I should elaborate. I meant that after you beat the game, you can only do DLC quests, no regular quests that you missed the first time around. Short of creating a new character or having a save point before the final quest, you are SOL if you wanted to finish up some loose ends.

Upvote 0
One thing I didnt like about the game was that when you get a new item or someone gives you a new item.. it says "Item gained" and you have no idea what the item was

This mod solves just that.

Items you receive will show up in pink text above your character when you receive a new item. Handy when you are stealing.

As for the game itself:

I have been avoiding this thread until i finished the game. I finally completed it last night after 80 hours of the best single player PC gaming expereince i have ever had. Dragon Age is such a finely crafted piece of work that stands above anything i have played in the last 10 years. The voice acting, the scripting, the mix of real time and turn based combat along with the micromanagement of your party and tactics gives the game the depth it deserves. Everything is top notch and i can find is very little wrong with the it. Easily one of the best Bioware has made in my opinion.

**SPOILER**

I played a heroic elf rogue, refused Morrigan's offer and made Alistair king while sacrificing myself at the end. The build up to the finale was epic and no game has made me feel sorrow for having to leave the characters behind at the end.

It will be a very long time before we see anything this good again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Couple of questions.

-So I have died a couple of times during the game and I'm wondering is there any way to heal my guys from all of those punishment negs I have gathered. I'm trying to sleep somewhere and even tried to go to inn, but it doesn't seem to work.

Are the potions seriously the only way to make them go away? :rolleyes:

-Does the negative reps from my party members matter the slightest? Or does it just affect their dialogue and overall attidude in conversations?

-Can I buy some more room for my inventory? 70 slots could be enough, but I just hate to hassle with the menus and deleting/selling my items just because all of the usefull potions take so much space.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-So I have died a couple of times during the game and I'm wondering is there any way to heal my guys from all of those punishment negs I have gathered. I'm trying to sleep somewhere and even tried to go to inn, but it doesn't seem to work.
You cure injuries by using injury kits. Also a mage can cure injuries once you have trained the right skill. Wynne is useful for this.

-Does the negative reps from my party members matter the slightest? Or does it just affect their dialogue and overall attidude in conversations?
Yes. When you start to earn a characters respect they gain incremental bonus to a feat. Warriors strength, rogues dexterity and a mage earns bonus to magic. You can also unlock new dialogue options and side quests. You can increase your popularity by giving your party members gifts.

-Can I buy some more room for my inventory? 70 slots could be enough, but I just hate to hassle with the menus and deleting/selling my items just because all of the usefull potions take so much space.
You can buy backpacks at some traders around the map. Backpacks increase the storage by a value of 10. 1 trader in Ostagar and the trader in your camp sell them, there are others but i can't remember where.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Injuries go away if you go to camp don't they? At least that was my impression, though I only noticed this when I already had Wynne with me, so it might be coincidental.

Overall Dcode, I agree with your praise for the game. It's one of the few games in the last two years where I thought the content-to-price ratio was actually in favor of the buyer. The game mechanics feel well made and everything fits together well. I don't mind the graphics at all as some reviewers do, the characters look much better and less bland than in any other games with similar create-your-face-feature (better than in Oblivion at least), their facial expressions and gestures are also good imo. Interaction with your party is likely the most interesting in a game ever and the atmosphere is great even thought the story is clich

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's one of the few games in the last two years where I thought the content-to-price ratio was actually in favor of the buyer. The game mechanics feel well made and everything fits together well. I don't mind the graphics at all as some reviewers do, the characters look much better and less bland than in any other games with similar create-your-face-feature (better than in Oblivion at least), their facial expressions and gestures are also good imo. Interaction with your party is likely the most interesting in a game ever and the atmosphere is great even thought the story is clich

Upvote 0
This sums the game up for me. I loved it, put in 84 hours and finished it, i can't remember the last RPG i could stick through with till the end.
This was even over more quickly then i'd wished, i would have loved the story to continue even longer.
DLC here i come :)
I thought the same. But then DLC usually just doesn't quite satisfy me. Mini-stories just don't have the epic feel a game like this deserves. Has anyone tried any DLC? Anything really recommendable? Otherwise I guess I'll wait for the Awakening.

Upvote 0
Wardens Keep offered nothing useful for me except the opportunity to earn more XP points clearing the area out. It does have a back story but it will probably leave you feeling underwhelmed if you already finished the game.

Stone Prisoner which came with my pre-order was very useful. If you don't already know the DLC gives you a new playable character to add to your party in the form of a stone golem. It has a decent back story with an optional side quest but not much use if you already finished the game.

Awakening is supposed to offer upwards of 15 hours gameplay and a higher level cap. Unfortunately you cannot use your characters from the first story.

Upvote 0