• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DLC Ideas

I so much like DLCs from Killing Floor game and i hope it will be same kind addons in RO:HoS. These DLCs are completely optional for customers. Dont force you to buy it cos you get worst stuff or you cannot play some maps if you wont buy it.

/me voting for rolled sleeves skin pack! :)

I was kinda pissed when they released that dlc especially even before they had any free stuff. Paying for DLC is lame look at TF2 and L4D, even OF had free stuff. Just have a sale with the new stuff the game will sell.

Trying to sell rolled sleeves will piss enough people off don't sell maps and split the community. Games have been push to counsels enough don't bring the paid DLC bulls **** too.

Upvote 0
I guess they will release "theatre" DLC, wich means that we may be seeing a Kursk DLC, a Moscow DLC ect.

I'd rather the modding community saw to that - with the devs adding the odd freely available map/weapon whatever now and then, while they work on a new project.
I can't see the benefit of DLC for hos as i imagine it to be.

Upvote 0
I think modding community will work faster than them, and probably pose a "threat" to any kind of DLC they want to be making. Just look at what can be done via mutators in RO. Uniforms can be changed, new weapons can be added even whole mods can work as mutators(CC).

So you think they will play the "ranked server" card again? Since we have stat tracking now? :)

Edit for mods: Well the title may be misleading but this is not a "suggestion" thread. I'm just trying to get everyone's view on possible DLC's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i wouldn't mind DLCs to be stuff like:

-character customizations: different uniforms ("rolled sleeves", dirty boots, dirty helmets),faces,...
-different menu style sheets: Game menu with an Allies(Red, Stars) or aXies(Gray|Black, Crosses) touch
-basically all the stuff that does not give you advantages over others that don't have the DLCs (like TWI did with DLCs for KF)

no DLCs that give you l33t weapons(advantages over others)

no MultiPlayer-Mappack DLCs

i think TWI did a great job on free content updates for RO and KF and will do the same for ROHOS

Upvote 0
I was kinda pissed when they released that dlc especially even before they had any free stuff. Paying for DLC is lame look at TF2 and L4D, even OF had free stuff. Just have a sale with the new stuff the game will sell.

Trying to sell rolled sleeves will piss enough people off don't sell maps and split the community. Games have been push to counsels enough don't bring the paid DLC bulls **** too.

Thats why they are optional. If somebody wants to support more developers and say "thanks" then he can get DLC.

TF2 thing is right, but L4D? L4D2 is 50 euro DLC. Nothing more than few campaings and skins.

anyway, the most important thing is "DLC shouldn't give any advantages"

Upvote 0
TF2 is a bad example anyway. All the dumb **** they added just made the game terrible. I can't play that game without rolling my eyes now. It went from having charm and being a little out there to being downright stupid. Do I really want to play a game where a jar of piss is a weapon? With the new DLC crap they added, I just stopped playing. I wish I could get my money back.

Upvote 0
battlefield 2142 has it's northern strike expansion. while i liked that servers running this paid dlc were seperated from the regular servers, i didn't like that DICE basically took 40% of their game and said "nuh uh uh. you have to pay us some more money if you want the WHOLE game"

paid for uber weaponry is what makes cash shop indie games retarded.

Upvote 0
Thats why they are optional. If somebody wants to support more developers and say "thanks" then he can get DLC.

TF2 thing is right, but L4D? L4D2 is 50 euro DLC. Nothing more than few campaings and skins.

anyway, the most important thing is "DLC shouldn't give any advantages"

I agree 50 is too much for l4d2 but 30 is reasonable. Any DLC should be free and accomanied by some weekend passes to give away with a sale to get people to buy. My biggest grip with having l4d2 is that it split the community and shouldnt have come out so quickly. You will always have people that wont buy any extras why not give them the new suff for free and make them you salesman by giving a few passes so they can convince their friend to buy the game.

Upvote 0