• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Christmas Sale Thread

I remember that happening in Rome : Total War all the time, all the way to the point I simply stopped playing it because it got so redundant.

No matter what you did, after a while it was you against the whole world :D

the problem is when it happens in an early stage like it happened to me in the Britannia campaign.

I was playing with Norway, and I got everybody attacking me before I could do anything meaningful, I was crushed, then I restarted the campaign and got my sweet revenge using some methods of questionable morality (and no, is not cheating =P)

Upvote 0
I purchased chaos theory, double agent, the unreal deal pack (for ut3 and so i have perma copies of the other ones)

double agent is 10 gigs so i'll have to wait to try out that one. chaos theory...is a big blob of bleh. the mechanics are cool but the multiplayer is incredibly unbalanced and all the moves seem very pre-determined and automatic. it wasn't what i expected given people claimed it to be a great game.

Upvote 0
I purchased chaos theory, double agent, the unreal deal pack (for ut3 and so i have perma copies of the other ones)

double agent is 10 gigs so i'll have to wait to try out that one. chaos theory...is a big blob of bleh. the mechanics are cool but the multiplayer is incredibly unbalanced and all the moves seem very pre-determined and automatic. it wasn't what i expected given people claimed it to be a great game.

It's the singleplayer that made it so great. Quite realistic gameplay with some nice plot twists. I loved it.

Double Agent? I uninstalled it after 10th minute.

Upvote 0
Always with the content mods. I thought the Total War series had plenty of content as is, what I need are mods that really tweak the rules of the game so it gets less stupid later on. Or total conversions. Are there any of those?

Well I'd say Third Age is as close to a total conversion as you get.

Never played Broken Crescent but for mods that don't need Kingdoms I'd recommend For King or Country: The English Civil War, good fun with early firearms, and a chance to kick that bastard Cromwell's arse.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=804

Upvote 0
Ok officially the list for me;

Hitman: Blood Money (loving it!!!)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Silent Hunter III
World in Conflict + Soviet Assault

Not bad for about $25 in total!

Also I was gifted Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena!

I was thinking about MTW 2 but decided against it in the end after you guys through your comments cued me up about the broken battle AI, googled more on it and decided not to buy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-Titan Quest : Gold Edition (TQ + expansion)
-Jade Empire
-KotoR (actually I have this on xbox but too lazy to get that out of the closet)
-Dark Forces 2 - Mysteries of the Sith
-Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
-Mass Effect
-Borderlands DLC

I was gifted with Mirror's Edge and Torchlight and I gifted SHWW2 and Dark Forces 2.

Upvote 0