• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

killing floor loading problem

So, i recently bought killing floor and all works perfect until i finish a game (full round)

After that it's supposed to load the next map but it just stays on the loading screen forever

I've seen this problem on this forum alot, tried the fixes, but they don't work for me, tough with disabling pre caching the maps that load, load much faster

It would be alot appreciated if u guys could help me :)

Thank you

Can you state exactly what things you tried perhaps, as it makes possible troubleshooting easier. As one could have easilly missed one thing and then with the devils luck that fix could have worked for him.

So yeah, i tried to adjust the cachesize (in the .ini file),
Turned off precaching, (did decrease loading times)
Thats about it i think.

Also, it seems to happen after the patriarch appears. When we don't make it till him, it loads just fine...

When he appears and either we lose or win, it will freeze, i opened task manager and it said it is still responding, so i end up closing it trough task manager if i'm very lucky, or i have to restart my computer :(

If u know any other fixes please let me know :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
cool i'll try this cos get exactly this problem too (running XP as well) -
starting from the server browser, the 1st map loads in a reasonable time, but after the round when the next map loads it takes forever-
sometimes it works in 3 mins or so, but often a lot longer or it dumps me out to the main menu screen.
It is frozen when you get the picture up with one of the creatures and some descriptive text.

I have a reasonable bit of HD space on my steam drive and a decent amount of ram.
Will i have to type flush at the end of every round or is there a permanent fix?

Upvote 0
cool i'll try this cos get exactly this problem too (running XP as well) -
starting from the server browser, the 1st map loads in a reasonable time, but after the round when the next map loads it takes forever-
sometimes it works in 3 mins or so, but often a lot longer or it dumps me out to the main menu screen.
It is frozen when you get the picture up with one of the creatures and some descriptive text.

I have a reasonable bit of HD space on my steam drive and a decent amount of ram.
Will i have to type flush at the end of every round or is there a permanent fix?

So, did it work?

Upvote 0