• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Stuttering

jigm

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 28, 2009
Hello, I just bought the game and I have everything set to highest in the graphics. It runs smooth then will stutter randomly every now and then. When I set the graphics to high the stuttering goes away. Any ideas? Thanks

Comp specs:

Intel i7 920 D0 @4ghz 1.3v
Dark Knight S-1283v
Evga E758 X58
Evga Gtx260 superclocked edition
Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 1600
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Corsair 620hx
Antec 902

I finally figured out the problem. The game will stutter randomly when I have shadows set to full. I'm guessing its just a problem with the game? My computer can run much more demanding games then this on max settings, yet I cannot run this game on max settings without it stuttering. Very disappointing =/. Oh well it was only 5$. :D

Upvote 0
I finally figured out the problem. The game will stutter randomly when I have shadows set to full. I'm guessing its just a problem with the game? My computer can run much more demanding games then this on max settings, yet I cannot run this game on max settings without it stuttering. Very disappointing =/. Oh well it was only 5$. :D

This.

Comments like this. :mad:

Upvote 0
So I'm having the same problem as well. I'll give you the history of it as well.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
GFX: nVidia GeForce GTX 260
RAM: 8Gigs
HDD: ~750Gigs

So, these are my brothers computer's specs. He had Vista ever since he had bought the game (back before the major 1008 update). Once that update came out, his computer had these random stuttering problems as well - which was really bad because he likes playing sharpshooter and it seemed that it would always freeze when he was about to shoot :p.

Going on, I honestly think that it is a game problem because it definitely did not stutter before the updates and it seemed like it would happen every time a group of ZEDs would spawn (the last is just my assumption.) His graphics card has no problem playing any of the newest games out there. Killing Floor's settings are on 1920x1080 resolution, Highest graphics settings and when we run 'stat fps' on the console, he gets a solid 192 average FPS - with enemies on screen.

I kinda thought that his computer needed a reformat or something so I convinced him to get Windows 7. Yesterday we formatted his computer and installed the beautiful OS (it's amazing :D!) First thing we did (after updates and such) was getting Steam so we could re-download Killing Floor. Once it was all downloaded and ready for playing we launched it up, changed our settings to the highest they could go, then ran the game... Guess what? Still stutters.

Now, you may think it could be his computer but the thing is we both play Killing Floor. I play on my desktop though...

Specs are:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (That's a single-core proc.)
GFX: ASUS 4350HD (It's meh.)
RAM: 2Gigs
HDD: 250Gigs

I could run the game with about 20 FPS on 1024x768, on Higher settings. But guess what - I don't have any stuttering problems.

So there's my info. Hope that helps someone in some way.

Upvote 0
Ya, I've done the whole routine but the one thing that actually worked was disabling shadows. That's pretty darn weird...

*Sigh*... I'd just be really happy if Tripwire released a big ol' fix and the reason all the problems were occurring was because someone didn't add a semi-colon! :p

Upvote 0