• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Christmas Sale Thread

*looks up from playing Medieval II*

where did the last two days go!? :eek:

I wonder where those three months went =P (And I haven't even tried mods, only Medi + Kingdoms)

Eat sh it you filthy Scots!! @#$%^&*

yay, give them hell! and don't let them show you their asses, it demoralizes everyone =P

Which faction are you playing with?

Upvote 0
There are strong English and Dutch lines on my fathers side of the family.. so I chose Jolly Old England for my first go around. Also, the English having potentially strong archers was a plus for me.

France sent a little emissary notifying me that they were prepared to go to war over 200 gold. Of course I told them I'd have thier guts for garters.. Hide the sausage harry hoofter - I'm not 'aving it! So they took Caen and booted me off the mainland. I'll get them back once I've wiped out Scotland. Clagnuts.

Upvote 0
Use your POV-Hat on your joystick, or even better get a cheap webcam and freetrack? Seriously IL-2 is the only game i find TrackIR useful on. At least try freetrack.

BTW 5$ Torchlight is very tempting. I might pick it up. Other deals are meh again.

How hard is that freetrack deal to set up? I suck at technical and electronic stuff (soldering things and all that)

Looks pretty awesome from what I've seen on youtube though. Cheap version of TrackIR :)

Upvote 0
How hard is that freetrack deal to set up? I suck at technical and electronic stuff (soldering things and all that)

Looks pretty awesome from what I've seen on youtube though. Cheap version of TrackIR :)

The only hard thing about it is you have to prepare a hat with three LED's on it(for maximum performance). So you'll have to build a simple electric circuit, but I'm sure there are lots of guides already.

Upvote 0
Still no ArmA2. ****. Anybody have Chaos Theory? If so, worth it?

Also, if anybody still doesn't have Mount and Blade, I highly highly recommend it. I've had it since an early version where you could pay like 11 bucks to play the latest development releases and its been awesome the whole time. It's so fun and addictive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still no ArmA2. ****. Anybody have Chaos Theory? If so, worth it?

Also, if anybody still doesn't have Mount and Blade, I highly highly recommend it. I've had it since an early version where you could pay like 11 bucks to play the latest development releases and its been awesome the whole time. It's so fun and addictive.

I bought it like a year and a half ago... has it improved? I loved the combat but there's like no story or point to doing anything.

Upvote 0
Heh, I remember the days when I was a BF2 nuttie. But then the hit-detection system really got on my nerves and made me sell the game.

Project Reality and Forgotten Hope seem like interesting mods, though. My advice is not to get the Collection pack based on the Special Forces addon and the utterly pointless booster packs.

my steam says BF2 is

Upvote 0
FH2 is no longer Africa only. The Normandy campaign has been released. Overall PR is the better mod though.

Yeah sorry i meant i played it when it was africa only - i was aware they planned for western front and now have a few maps, it's nice to see a fairly even representation of allies there - despite GB dominating the N africa encounters.
Would still have prefered them to have explored italy or easternfront but there you go.
But back to the steam sale (cos surely the BF2 price is more than buying from a shop?) - was i correct in seeing DOD source @

Upvote 0
Wow I take that back, just reinstalled and threw on an excellent mod with a story. Such a good game... the combat is still the best I've ever seen for melee, especially on horseback.

Tons of fun.

Looking forward to the Hegemony mod a lot too (pretty much Rome Total War but from a FPS perspective)
What mod if I may ask?

I really still hope the M&B systems catches on with some RPG devs (a little refinement of the animations would be nice though).

A large, fully explorable world like Oblivion or Gothic III + a story and character system like Dragon Age + M&B fight system and battles would be epic in the truest sense of the word.

Upvote 0
I'm playing Sword of Damocles atm (just check out the forum it's one of the major mods). Be warned though it's hard as hell.

Basically gives a "purpose" to the game, you have to raise an army to defeat an invading "legion" that comes late in the game. To do that involves conquering and uniting the existing kingdoms so you can raise a huge army. Also adds 4 races and a lot of badass units and some religions to the game too.

There's other mods that are more strictly story based like a classic RPG but this is great for me.

Like I said though Hegemony looks like it will be awesome too.

Upvote 0