• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Christmas Sale Thread

I got both STALKER games for a friend since they are so cheap and I want to get myself:
Samorost 2
Time Gentlemen, please

BUT now the damned Steam servers are refusing payment, something must be borked in the system :(

GTA IV: Recommend to get it if you have a computer that can run it well enough, maybe not too well optimized but looks great, and the gameworld is the richest I've experienced in an open world game ever, so much going on.

Personally I absolutely loved it, loved the story and the characters, and just the city. Then again I've loved every GTA game since the first one :) Still fun to play multiplayer races after you finish it but I'd stay away from the deathmatches, full of haxx.

Upvote 0
GTA IV: Recommend to get it if you have a computer that can run it well enough, maybe not too well optimized but looks great, and the gameworld is the richest I've experienced in an open world game ever, so much going on.

Personally I absolutely loved it, loved the story and the characters, and just the city. Then again I've loved every GTA game since the first one :) Still fun to play multiplayer races after you finish it but I'd stay away from the deathmatches, full of haxx.

That's why I want it but I wasn't going to pay 30 quid for a game that doesn't run that well on PC's or so ive heard.

Upvote 0
Right cheers guys, ive started d/l ing GTA 4 but the STEAM servers must be overloaded at the minute the game keeps starting and stopping (buggar its just stopped again).

I think ill give Sniper Elite a miss Nim it doesn't sound that good, I might get the Witcher but ive still got Dragons Age Origins to finish.

how much is sniper elite? It's not that bad at all - if you get into it it would last you a while - i played about 6 levels took me ages and enjoyed it quite a lot

Upvote 0
i picked up GTA IV, IL2:1946 and Silent Hunter III all for under $20.....also got Audiosurf and RiskII for $4 but those are for the days when i'm really bored. :D

Sniper Elite....i got that when it was $5....still not even worth 1.99 now. that game was terrible.

have to say, i've been quite impressed with how immersive Silent Hunter III is....first time they dropped depth charges on me!!!!!

once i get my new video card in IL2 and GTA IV will be awesome

gotta love holidays and companies needing to boost sales!

Upvote 0
Nim - You should definately buy Braid. I just bought it today... finished the first two full sets of puzzles and I must say - it's worth every penny. You really need to think out of the box to solve some of these puzzles. Definately a challenge. Artwork and music are great. :cool:

Oh, and I also bought Medieval II Total war upon Fedorovs suggestion. Havent tried it yet.

Upvote 0
Stalker: If you havent played this BUY IT! Seriously, best single player fps I've ever played with probably the best atmosphere of any game ever. Get the Stalker Complete mod as well to retain the core game but polish it all up.

GTAIV: superb game but marred on pc (poor performance, SecuROM even on Steam, requires Windows software that needs to be logged into with each play session)

Commandos 2: old favorite of mine, very hard but super fun. best of the series as my man nimsky said.

My purchases will probably be Stalker (don't have my original cd version anymore), Commandos 2, and possibly Silent Hunter 4 (opinions on this one anyone?). I really hope ArmA 2 goes on sale tomorrow. Thats #1 on my wishlist. There's a bunch of other games I'd consider that are needlessly ruined with DRM however. Just give me that Arma2 Steam!

Upvote 0
My purchases will probably be Stalker (don't have my original cd version anymore), Commandos 2, and possibly Silent Hunter 4 (opinions on this one anyone?). I really hope ArmA 2 goes on sale tomorrow. Thats #1 on my wishlist. There's a bunch of other games I'd consider that are needlessly ruined with DRM however. Just give me that Arma2 Steam!

I reviewed SH4 for a mag and never played it again. The graphic improvements are nice, but the atmosphere is nowhere near as Atlantic theatre. Grey Wolves Mod +SHIII is miles better than SHIV.

Wolves of the Pacific is a quite nice addon though.

Upvote 0
Hmm thanks then SH3 it is. Grey Wolves mod runs on steam right?

Hence, Silent hunter 3 not 4 shall be purchased and used with Grey Wolves mod for the sequel to the great war's sumbarine action. Then as the days progress the succulent software sale of ArmA2 shall develop and I will purchase it. Thus, WW2 infantry and vehicular combat will be fulfilled with RO + DH, submarine with Silent Hunter, air with nothing cause i dont want to buy a joystick, modern warfare INS and ARMA2, olden times combat with MOUNT AND BLADE!, and....sadly....Vietnam shall once again be ignored as the once bright burning star of the eve of destruction mod for bf1942 has been shut out! and silenced. Hold strong brother for you will one day own a complete collection of satisfactory warfare games covering all time periods cementing your legend as supreme dominator of all battlefields through EVERY TIME PERIOD IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Amerikaner, check out IL-2 1946 . Unfortunately it runs bad for me, but it seems to work fine for everyone else. But at $5, it is a steal, even if you don't end up getting a joy stick.

Check out the Strike Fighters 2 series as well. Not on Steam, but they are on sale now.

I think I will be getting Tank T-72 and Sniper Elite.

Hopefully RO will go on sale, I want to gift it to someone. Will there be other games going on sale between now and Jan 3?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just

buy

EVERYTHING!!!!

except for MW2.....they didn't feel like dropping the price on that just yet :D

it's quite funny looking on your steam panel that shows friends' recent history and seeing they picked up l12 new games......what's great is that there's 3 or 4 really great games but all these crap games that they must have been thinking "it's only 2.49 so why not??" hurray for an economic boost!!!!!

Upvote 0