• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor for $10!

and they make up for it with obnoxious video ads in the game! AWESOME.

This was happening before hand. The Red Orchestra thing made sense cuz its another game of theirs. But putting in an add for a movie is obnoxious I'll agree. I understand they gotta make money but....

Has anyone ever seen advertisements for real movies in other games? I'm curious if this is common or not.

Upvote 0
This was happening before hand. The Red Orchestra thing made sense cuz its another game of theirs. But putting in an add for a movie is obnoxious I'll agree. I understand they gotta make money but....

Has anyone ever seen advertisements for real movies in other games? I'm curious if this is common or not.

omg will people stop whinging about the adverts lol, does it affect gameplay in anyway? no, if anything it gives you something to watch whilst waiting for people to ready up.

Upvote 0

and they make up for it with obnoxious video ads in the game! AWESOME.

advertisements in video games have been around since the N64 (probly before that but that's just of my knowledge)

video ads during ready up menus is probably the least intrusive method of it i've seen so far, and they even fixed the loading times issue. it's not like you have anything else to stare at during the ready menu. is it really so bad that TWI is trying to get funding so they can continue to give us free updates?

you know where most companies put their advertisements? BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN GET TO THE MAIN MENU. and sometimes you can't even skip them. How DARE TWI stoop to this new level of intrusiveness and how could TWI possibly have the AUDACITY to put advertisements in that I can't make go away. The horror! :eek:

And for the umpty-billionth time, I DON'T WANT L4D PLAYERS IN MY KILLING FLOOR MATCHES. don't bother advertising it there. we don't need that cancer invading KF like they did during the free weekend.

The people you SHOULD be telling about the KF sale are your personal friends or steam friends.

Izak telling TWI how much a feature they put in sucks does not help make the game better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
advertisements in video games have been around since the N64 (probly before that but that's just of my knowledge)

video ads during ready up menus is probably the least intrusive method of it i've seen so far, and they even fixed the loading times issue

I know ads have been around for a while. I'm complaining about ads. For some reason though this just feels wrong compared to seeing a Pepsi billboard while I'm slaying zombies in West London.

Upvote 0
Do you wanna watch the same add every time you play for the next month or two? Lol. Be honest. If that's entertaining then I rest my case.

adverts only annoy me when they interupt me, like halfway through a tv show etc. if these adverts were to pop up for 30 seconds or so and put a halt to everything before wave 5 started, then that would be annoying, but seeing as they dont interupt anything, they dont bother me at all.

Upvote 0
Do you wanna watch the same add every time you play for the next month or two? Lol. Be honest. If that's entertaining then I rest my case.

you clearly have the attention span of a roid raging hamster.

perhaps you should turn that up a bit to something more along the lines of a two by four

is it really that hard to ignore these ads? is it really that annoying to have to watch them for 10 SECONDS. :confused::confused:

oh noes! 10 seconds of my time is being used on these dumb ads! i will never gain back that 10 seconds! the horror! the horror!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you clearly have the attention span of a roid raging hamster.

perhaps you should turn that up a bit to something more along the lines of a two by four

is it really that hard to ignore these ads? is it really that annoying to have to watch them for 10 SECONDS. :confused::confused:

oh noes! 10 seconds of my time is being used on these dumb ads! i will never gain back that 10 seconds! the horror! the horror!

I hope insulting me or what you believe to be my attention span makes you feel better or something. I'm not even getting into a flame war over this.

Upvote 0
It's a matter of principle.
Of course a small video on the ready screen isn't hurting anyone, but the mere thought that ads made their way into ones games - not only through product placement but as actual video ads! - is upsetting some people. Including me.

Also, justified or not, in some people's eyes TWI lost a bit of integrity when they started this. It was almost a non-issue when they only advertised their own games, especially as I like both (though I like RO better) and appreciate the new players those ads might pull in, but if they start to play regular ads they scratch their image a bit, I think.

I'm not going to debate any of this as, frankly, it's not a big deal to me. I would prefer it if the ads were gone, but I can live with them and if TWI needs the money they gotta do what they gotta do - and there are way worse ways they could be using to make that money!

This is just to clarify what we are talking about here. If someone is upset by the ads it's not because his attention span is too low and he is too stupid to find entertainment in the ads or because he is so **** retentive
that the split-second it takes longer to load the game because of the ad is actually bothering him. That's ridiculous.
It's mainly a knee-jerk reaction ala "holy cow, there's ads in my favorite game!" or a matter of principle. Probably a bit of both for most who are upset.

Regardless of the whole ads thing, 10 measly bucks for KF is a steal. I'll pass on this news to a couple of dear friends. If anyone has any interest in the game or even just in the general genre, now is the time to act.

Upvote 0
omarfw, drfeelgoodmd made a great point. Bloody hell man, stop justifying a decision that wasn't yours to make.

People find it irritating. Its not that hard to understand why. As much as you feel justified in your position truth be told being forced to watch the same loud ad every freaking time i play a map is a pisser.

In all honestly, if it was clear that there would be some obnoxious video every so often i wouldn't have purchased the game. I hate commercials that much. I hate cheap magazines because of all the ads so i buy more expensive ones.

Upvote 0