• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Raging Bull.

DanielM

Dec 23, 2009
Raging Bull

It would have more damage than the Handcannon with slightly better accuracy and range.

It would have more penetration power than the Handcannon.

It would be reloaded using a speed loader giving a slower reload speed than the Handcannon but only slightly.

This is to support the pistoleer perk idea and also because I feel the game needs a revolver...as it has none.

So long as it had only 6 shots and more recoil than the hand cannon I don't see a problem. You can't have this new pistol being better in every stat category because it would eliminate using the handcannon at all.

Sorta like how the katana eliminated the use of the fire axe/machete. (Yes I know ppl still use the fire axe/machete but deep down they KNOW its not as good as the katana).

** I"m sorta confused how a speed loader would be a longer reload but...whatever?!?!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies:)

OK, Shambler, I never said it would have more recoil that's just your assumption.
Now for the explanation of how it is good, my idea is for the Raging Bull to be better than the Handcannon but it wouldn't be there to take the Handcannons place it would be to add more variety and choice to the game and as I said it would coincide with the addition of the pistoleer/gunslinger idea.

Now, ScarFace, a speed loader would be longer because with the semi-automatic pistols reloading takes two actions; push clip release, insert new clip. This can be done really quickly as this guy demonstrates: YouTube - Fast reloading
Whereas with a revolver and speed loader you have to; push cylinder release, empty chambers, insert new bullets with speed loader, push cylinder back in place. I would expect the revolver to take longer but I'm only assuming.

If I put this in the game it would be superior to the Handcannon overall and therefore more expensive.

Upvote 0
Why would you need anything better than that/would anything better than that be any more useful?

Variety is what keeps games interesting, who is going to be upset when a content update releases with more content?

That's like saying "why would you want another map, all of the map locations and styles have been covered in the default map list."

Upvote 0
That's like saying "why would you want another map, all of the map locations and styles have been covered in the default map list."

If someone made WestLondon again, moved a few cars around and called it NorthLondon, would you play that map? Would you even bother downloading it? I Wouldn't.

The suggested gun is nothing more than the handcannon with a few tweaks, a few cars moved around. The handcannon really doesn't need a replacement.

I am all for new content, but I doubt Twi would waste there time rehashing the same guns with different shapes and very slight tweaks that add very very little to the game.

Upvote 0
I am all for new content, but I doubt Twi would waste there time rehashing the same guns with different shapes and very slight tweaks that add very very little to the game.

The EBR is just a semi-auto Lever Action with a laser sight and larger mag capacity.

The SCAR is just a more accurate AK with a red dot.

The AA-12 is just a fully automatic pump shotgun.

Etc.

Variety is the spice of life, my friend.

Upvote 0
My example was referring to a very slight change in the weapons. Are you honestly saying that you think that the EBR is only a slightly modified LAR?

The handcannon is about as good as a pistol can be in this game short of making it a automatic head popper. Why would a slightly more powerful version with less ammo be any use? Why not just alter the originals stats and save the hassle of inventing a whole new gun?

Upvote 0
Scrambler, as I mentioned the gun would be implemented to coincide with the addition of a pistoleer/gunslinger perk. If you were using that perk you would want more choice than a 9mm which is frustratingly terrible against anything that isn't a clot or crawler. Which means you would only have the choice of the Handcannon giving you 96 rounds to effectively defend yourself throughout an entire round. This begs the addition of a new pistol, that's where the Raging Bull comes in. Reading you're posts it's apparent you're missing the point.

Upvote 0
If i were a person i would find that having the critique of simon cowell would be useful but to get back on topic shambler you must not like "new and wacky" things do you all of these things can make people enjoy the game more, anyways if there was another version of a gun thats cheaper and just as good as the gun you wanted to buy would you buy the lower tier gun or not buy a gun at all...

Upvote 0