• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pistoleer Perk

I really like this idea, but it seems slightly narrow and niche`.

Maybe it would be feasible to combine this with the berserker for a hybrid perk?

Given that the Berserker already has craploads of Zed Time, a stronger emphasis on the Zed time and Pistol Benefits may give it the kick in the nuts to make it stronger and more versatile.

It'll probably end up being a whole different beast.

Upvote 0
Most powerful weapon can't be an automatic.

Pistoleer/Gunslinger should have a .44 magnum revolver or something for his big hitter. Maybe even a S&W 500 (holy cow).

Well.

I LOVE Gunslingin'. The main reason I don't use handguns in KF is because they're pretty much useless against heavy zeds, like FP, even with lvl5 SS (my current level).

Creating this perk can resurrect 9mm as my trusted SS weapon, turning akimbo into actual useful weapons, and turning SS into a more balanced class.

I also loved the whole ZED-time bonuses idea. Longer ZED-times, higher damage during ZED-time...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel it's natural to remove SS's handcannon bonuses, as it's not quite the accurate type of weapon, while also removing some of their firepower.

I completely agree with ZED-time based bonuses - longer (not extensible), more often, higher damage during ZED-time...

Not quite sure about reducing bloat bile damage... at least not that much.

As for tier 3 weapon, I'd prefer a revolver. Automatic weapons aren't as stylish as revolvers. Unable to akimbo, holds with both hands, alt-fire would bring the left hand to the revolver's hammer, increasing fire rate at the cost of increased recoil.

Also, I'd prefer the class was named "Gunslinger" rather than Pistoleer. It sounds cooler XD

EDIT: This post and my first one on this thread are essentially the same, with few info added. This is because I'm not used to having a mod approve my posts,and I end up thinking there was a random issue with my previous post, making me "double" post. This may happen from time to time :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What exactly would such a perk bring to the team though? What areas would it be able to handle better than other perks?

What does Commando bring other than being able to see the occasional Stalker?

What does Firebug bring in its current state?

If it really bugs you, the floor's open like I said. I just can't see the harm in adding another perk that people might want to play just because it's different.

Upvote 0
As for tier 3 weapon, I'd prefer a revolver. Automatic weapons aren't as stylish as revolvers. Unable to akimbo, holds with both hands, alt-fire would bring the left hand to the revolver's hammer, increasing fire rate at the cost of increased recoil.

Also, I'd prefer the class was named "Gunslinger" rather than Pistoleer. It sounds cooler XD
Though I would definitely like to see machine pistols added at some point in the future, I agree as far as adding a revolver goes. Also, seeing as whatever revolver they do add will likely be double action, I doubt there will be a need for your alt-fire suggestion. Good thought though.

And yes, Gunslinger does sound a bit better than Pistoleer. ;D

Upvote 0
True, would make a good perk.

Plus would be nice to add some kind of special perkish style to this guy that no other perk has.

IE he cannot cary any weapons OTHER then pistols.

So he can select his pistols with under the pistol menu to get single pistols, or under the #3 menu (main weapon) to get dualies. or some other re ordering of such, either way the class would be pistols only and have the capability to carry more of them. ( If im going to go brandishing pistols into the Fking zombie appocalipse, like hell im only taking 4!).

Actually as a continuation of that perhaps you could by a first set of dualies/single for pistol slot, and a second set for main wep slot. what i mean by that is first set goes into #2, second into #3.

rule for identical pistols
1 pistol:
#2 = pistol
#4 = nothing
2 pistols
#2 = single pistol
#3 = dualies
3 pistols
#2 = single
#3 = dualies
(except this time #2 can be an empty pistol and #3 will be full dualies)
4 pistols
#2 = dualies
#3 = dualies
(unless somone can think of a way to access singles)
As an aside note to that layout, #4 could just be forced to pull singles

@Revolver idea: We asked TWI for a revolver way back in RO days, i dont think they took to kindly to the idea of animating one, so i could only cross my fingers for a revolver. I would personally like a revolver even if it had a speed reloader(less anim work).

Upvote 0
Actually a magnum wouldnt be such a bad idea, tho the handcannon is also very powerful so I dont know.

Give him a chance of causing critical hits from body shots, which make enemies bleed over time. So, maybe at lvl 6 he got a 25% chance of causing critical hit. He wouldnt even need to score headshots to kill effectively, and therefor he wouldnt be too much of an another sharpshooter.

Upvote 0
Before you say it, yes I know the Handcannon is already being used by Sharpshooter. I propose we take that and move it where it belongs: in the Pistoleer perk. It always struck me as odd that with this game's moderate attention to realism for guns that the Desert Eagle was deemed accurate enough to be a Sharpshooter's weapon.

the sharp has handy, 9mm, ebrm14, crossbow, LAR also if they made a pistoleer the sharp can have already LAR, EBR14 and crossbow, its not bad ^^
Also a pistoleer perk can be funny :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
1099534035.jpg

Wow are those really existing guns?
Cause some of those look downright hideous.

Upvote 0
Id definately want an automatic glock or similar. But also, a magnum revolver which does massive amounts of damage even penetrating targets, has 6 shots per clip and reloads almost the same speed as M32 does atm to compensate the power (as in, one bullet at a time, but you can cancel reloading any time).
Fukken awesome. I want a revolver like that.

Upvote 0
Shotgun-like reloading functionality for the revolver would be a great idea, to compensate for high damage and piercing.

I wouldn't give sharpy another handgun. Yeah, long-barreled revolvers are usually accurate enough to justify attaching a scope to it, but SS have enough weapons already.

Automatic pistols, while being efficient, lack firepower. The Gunslinger perk would have already 9mm for quick, low damage shooting, handcannon for middle range, slightly-above-medium damage. Giving a revolver would give Gunslingers a long-range, powerful but slow hitter, adding versatility to the perk.
Also, who doesn't want to shoot zeds with a Magnum .357? We all though about it at least once :D

Upvote 0