• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Barzakh (previously untitled Fallujah map)

Partially because people complained about the daytime setting and wanted it to be dark and gloomy, partially because I could use a lower fog then without it looking weird, partially to make it easier for ZEDs to approach you and last but not least because if everything is dark and only a few places are lit it's easier to make the map look good. It doesn't need details where you can't see them and light itself counts as detail for the eye then.
If it's day the map pretty much has to look good all around.

I might try a day version some day if the map becomes somewhat popular, but I want to finish the night version first. Once it's as bug and exploit free as I would like it to be and I hit a good balance with the difficulty that makes everybody happy I'll try to change the lighting back to something similar as it was seen in the first few screenshots.

Upvote 0
Partially because people complained about the daytime setting and wanted it to be dark and gloomy, partially because I could use a lower fog then without it looking weird, partially to make it easier for ZEDs to approach you and last but not least because if everything is dark and only a few places are lit it's easier to make the map look good. It doesn't need details where you can't see them and light itself counts as detail for the eye then.
If it's day the map pretty much has to look good all around.

I might try a day version some day if the map becomes somewhat popular, but I want to finish the night version first. Once it's as bug and exploit free as I would like it to be and I hit a good balance with the difficulty that makes everybody happy I'll try to change the lighting back to something similar as it was seen in the first few screenshots.

kk, sounds good :p seeing the screenshots of it in daytime reminded me of KF-Tao, but like 10 times better.

Upvote 0
Hotfixed version released. This version fixes the car exploit. Check the first post for download-links.

EDIT: The map-change dedicated server crash bug is still in this version! If you are waiting for a fix for that, wait on. I'm sorry. However, I'm hoping this version will make it on the white-list.

EDIT2: Yes, it got on the white-list.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it was you who thought the KFRandomAmmo might be cause of bug. Did you try replacing any of these with KFAmmoSpawn or whatever the right actor is?

I bet it turns out to be something annoyingly simple since it happens to the same people every time. Some kind of level property or actor/volume type that you use that most others don't.

Maybe his install is corrupted. Seems to an issue these days.

Upvote 0
The idea that the random ammo pickups could be causing it came from avp, when he compared my maps to others that work. I replaced them with the boxes everyone uses (see the changelog) but it still crashes.

Corrupt installation doesn't seem to be the cause either as I have completely reinstalled since I made Dammage and NorthSea and Barzakh here crashes just as they did. Also, according to steam my install is fine. Of course it can't be rules out completely, but it's very, very unlikely.

Upvote 0
I think he was more talking about the crashing dedicated servers themselves, which can be a possibility too, but AFAIK the client and server install are two different "games" for the content servers, and we're not sure that the server version has the same corrupted files problems as the client's.

BTW, i've tried to change region download settings in my dedicated server on linux but don't know if you can choose your region. I just deleted my clientregistry.blob a few times and verified the cache integrity each time without change, but of course, i'm not sure if it even changed region.

So, even if it's still a possibility (at least for the reason why I have the problems, and others don't), I kinda doubt it.

Upvote 0