• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to run RO 3.3?

Flogger23m

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2009
I am wondering how to run the RO 3.3 mod. Did it a while before (on a different PC), but I just redownloaded and installed it and I can't figure out how to run it.

I can't find an exe for it anywhere. I load up UT 2004, but don't see any changes...

It did install in the UT 2004 directory, and I can see all the files.

I am wondering how to run the RO 3.3 mod. Did it a while before (on a different PC), but I just redownloaded and installed it and I can't figure out how to run it.

I can't find an exe for it anywhere. I load up UT 2004, but don't see any changes...

It did install in the UT 2004 directory, and I can see all the files.

Well the copy I have creates shortcuts and I have no issue looking for it.

But if it didn't show up for you, if my memory serves right, open up your UT2k4 game via it's shortcut, then when the main menu comes up on screen goto "Community" and in there one of the tabs should be "Modifications" or just "Mods". Click on that section and if your RO3.3 installed properly, it should be listed there. Just click on it and it should shut down UT2k4 and then load up RO.

Although this is a pain in the arse to go through, this is the sure fire way of getting to it.

Now that I think about it, I did have the same problem as you, which is why I ended up doing this in the past to know what I'm talking about now :p

I think what happened is that there were a couple of different installation programs you could use and one of them installed the game just as you described. I got rid of that one and found the one I currently have, which I burnt to a disc just in case.

Added:

If you duplicate your UT2k4 shortcut and rename it Red Orchestra 3.3, then right-click into it's properties, there is a paticular code to enter in the application path that you add something like "-mod red orchestra" or somethng like that after the UT2k4.exe path, but I can't remember the exact code anymore. Until someone else helps you out on that part, going through UT2k4 and into the Community Section should do the trick for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0